how to find webmail location on a private DNS

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by lcdsolutions, Jan 15, 2008.

1. lcdsolutions

lcdsolutions New Member

Hi,

I purchased a dedicated DNS server and have it configured from a technician who set everything up completely and now the server is hosting my site. Now the tech guy provided all the info. and set up admin email etc. and handled to me but unfortunately that guy recently passed away and i have no idea how to access webmail or find what the incomming mail settings are .... some one advised me to type mail.domain.com or webmail.domain.com in browser and it will direct me to webmail but it didn't work, both primary and secondary DNS are my own ones so have no idea how to access webmail or find incomming server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ammar

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you have SSH access to the server? Which distribution are you using?

3. lcdsolutions

lcdsolutions New Member

Sorry not so technical

I am sorry I am not so technical, not sure whats the SSH is .. my company already started and website is working fine al lset .. jsut canb't access to th webmails pade, i know the general email address and its password but don't know what kind of setting i have to do for outlook as it ask for an incoming and outgoing mail server, i tried mail.domain.com btu didn't worked not can i fidn the webmail access , what shoudl i do, where can i find that location, i pruchased membership at DNS stuff to look details of DNS but couldn't understand the results ... please help.....

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can use any IP address or hostname/domain that's pointing to your server.