Remote Access

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by zoish, Jan 19, 2008.

1. zoish

zoish New Member

hi everyone

i am running a fedora core 7 in my office and i have 8 static ip addresess.

i am trying to find out how i can set up a business like gotomypc.co.uk

i want to get the clinet sign up and access their pc or any other device which is ip based!

can anybody walk me through what i need hardware and software wise and how i can set it up please.

one more question:

when i want to install a software on linux(e.g rpm softwares) do i have to cd in any particulre directory or if i stay on my home directory and run rpm -Uvh somesoftware.rpm it will be insatlled on the proper directory by itself?

thanks 4 your help

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. zoish

zoish New Member

hi falko

thanks for your reply, about remote access my idea is:

to install ip cam in clinet's house/office and let them monitor their permises through internet, but at the same time i do not want them to get static ip for their house or offices.

is there any way we can install ip camera in remote side and use normal internet access like ADSL connection with dynamic ip address and let signed up user to monitor their permises remotly as well as accessing their pc?

i think it is possible but i can not figure it out how as i am new in Linux.

i would be greatful if you let me know.

thanks

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can get a hostname at dyndns.org and then let the router update the IP address whenever it changes. Most routers support dyndns.org.