ispconfig + apache2 site directory problems

Discussion in 'General' started by jokn00, Jan 21, 2008.

1. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

I recently installed a LAMP server with ISPconfig, it seemed to be working alright to begin with. I go into ISPconfig make a new site and it creates a directory with index.html and I set my domain to use the dns servers and it redirects correctly to the index.html that I created. Later on as I was trying to test the directories I discovered that if I created a directory through ftp in the /web2/web folder (var/www/web2/web/test) and changed all permissions to be readable I cannot access the file through my browser by going to http://www.domain.com/test. How can I fix this to make all my directories accessible?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is there a .htaccess file in /var/www/web2/web/ ?

3. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

No I don't have an .httaccess file inside the directory. I figured out by default that it just doesn't allow directory listing, but I'm able to actually access the content in the newly created folders by linking to it. Reading up on .httaccess files now. I think I've solved the problem but anymore advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Directory listings are disabled on most web servers by default as they can be a security risk.