UebiMiau inbox / receiving mail problems

Discussion in 'General' started by jokn00, Jan 22, 2008.

1. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

I installed the UebiMiau.pkg for ispconfig and everything seemed to be working okay. My mailserver is postfix and it shows smtp and pop3 running. I setup the mail accounts for the site through ispconfig and set a forward address as well. When I send an email to the address [email protected] it forwards to the correct address but it does not show up in the inbox when I login to the mail client. I tried accessing my inbox with a regular email client and it accessed the inbox fine but it did not show that I had received any mail. When I tried to send mail through the client it would not connect through smtp. I checked the user's mail directory as well and there is no mail received. What am I missing here that's causing me to not be able to send or receive mail other than through a forwarded mail address for the created email accounts?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you get any errors in the mail log file?

3. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

I don't see any errors in /var/log/mail.log

I sent mail from my ISPs email to my newly created domain email and then logged into the webmail client and refreshed the inbox a few times. This is what the logs say.

Email addresses have been edited.

my_email@home_domain.net This is my home email address.

[email protected] This is the mail login created by ispconfig

admin@local_domain.com This is the mail address the original mail was sent to. It was setup through the options in ISPconfig also.

Here's the log, I can repaste it here if you don't allow linking to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/m1562f97b

4. till

Did you try enable maildir under management > server > settings in ISPConfig? Maildir is needed if you use courier or dovecot as pop3 and imap server.

5. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

Thanks for the help so far and yes, maildir is enabled. Any other suggestions?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ? Which distribution are you using?

7. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

I'm using ispconfig 2.2.19 and UebiMiau Webmail 2.7.2.

output of netstat -tap

Code:
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State                                                                                                        PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN     8                                                                                                 455/mysqld
    tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 5324/apache2
    tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 8812/ispconfig_htt
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 9746/proftpd: (acc
    tcp        0      0 li19-88.members.:domain *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 5645/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost.locald:domain *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 5645/named
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 3844/smtpd
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:953 *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 5645/named
    tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 5324/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 682/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 589/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 522/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     5                                                                                                 625/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     2                                                                                                 434/sshd
    tcp6       0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     1                                                                                                 3844/smtpd
    tcp6       0      0 ip6-localhost:953       *:*                     LISTEN     2     
    Thanks for the help.

8. till

Please post the lines that appear in the mail log file when you send a email to a account on your server.

9. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

I created a new email to test so i could paste the log output, but the new address is working with no problems. Maybe because I enabled maildir after the accounts were created? I tried deleting one account and re-creating and it gives me an error saying "duplicate email address". Is there a way to re-create the email address again? Everything seems to be working now.

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must delete the old email address from the recycle bin first.

11. jokn00

jokn00 New Member

Thanks for the help, everything seems to be working properly. I'll post again if I run into anymore problems. Thanks for the nice software. :)