ISP Config, config?

Discussion in 'General' started by the_mog, Feb 6, 2008.

1. the_mog

the_mog New Member

Hi Guys,

First a massive thank you to Falko and Till Your tutorials / Isp config is fantastic

Ok Let me explain what i have / need to try and accomplish....

I have installed (using Falkos tut centos server 5.1) Centos the Perfect server

I have also installed ISP Config.

I am running this on my local network

server a) 192.168.0.100
    server b) 192.168.0.110.

Firstly using ISP Config how can i set up a account to create a Db on Server b
    I also need to load some PHP scripts on server a

Server a's Scripts will use server b's DB

Confusing i know.

Please bear in mind i do not have static ip's that an be viewed from out of my LAN, I need to do a simulation in my office enviroment before we upload to the proper servers.
    My Proper servers will have a identical install as my test server.

My question is, should i create a client / reseller-client

also how would i access the ftp area / webpages from my local LAN?

Thanks again

K-

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

With the current ISPConfig 2.2.x versions, you will only be able to manage one server. So ISPConfig on server A is currently not able to create database on server B.

If server B is only a database server, then this should not be a big problem. I recommend that you install phpmyadmin on server B and then create the databases in phpmyadmin and not ISPConfig.

If you have ispconfig installed on both servers, you will have to create a website on server B, even if its just a dummy domain, and then create the databases on the options tab of this website. In the database creation form in ISPConfig, there is a checkbox to allow external access to this database from server A.

3. the_mog

the_mog New Member

Thanks for that I understand it completly

Could you please explain how i can set up a account that uses only a IP Address, which i can view on my local LAN ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You mean an IP-based vhost? That'S not possible, ISPPConfig creates only name-based vhosts.