PHP Scripts not working after ip address change

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by robba_duck, Feb 27, 2008.

1. robba_duck

robba_duck New Member

Ok Here is my problem:

I had to move my server after loosing the internet so when i got it to its destination i had to set it up for a new ip address.

not knowing how to do so i just went throught most of the config files and changed the ip address manually for example in vhosts and so on.

Ever since the server has run fine except for PHP.

So i looked in the vhosts and changed a line that had Addtype to add Handler
    And Wow the PHP would work!

But the next day It had stopped! so i checked the vhosts and my altered file and been and a new one put in its place with Addtype ?

now after changing the file daily! enough is enough so any one know what may be going on?

Please help me!

2. make-fun

make-fun Member

Hi there,

this would be due to the ISPConfig updating/rewriting those config files I think.

Have you put the new IP into the control panel Management > Server > Settings ??
    What does it read there right now?

Cheers

3. robba_duck

robba_duck New Member

IP address

Hi as soon as the server was back online after changing the ip address in the files i went to the gui and changed the ip in all the menus and it has not changed.

and just to confirm The ip address Is correct and dose not change it self its just the vhosts file changes the AddHandler to AddType

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must modify the function make_vhost() in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php.

5. robba_duck

robba_duck New Member

modify?

Hi falco thanks for your reply

Im a nooob as far as linux is concerned

so what to i need to change?

sorry!

:)

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Replace the Addtype lines with your Addhandler code.