Mailusers not able to login

Discussion in 'General' started by deploymentgeek, Dec 28, 2005.

1. deploymentgeek

deploymentgeek New Member

Hi

First of all, I would like to say that the ISPConfig product is GREAT :)

I have installed it (For the first time) and my problem is, that when I create a mail user, I am not able to login to Webmail, or by using a POP3 client.

I get wrong username or password.

I can telnet to port 110, and 25 of the server, and it is answering.

I can see that the users has been created in the virtusertable in /etc/postfix/

Please help me :O)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  2. deploymentgeek

deploymentgeek New Member

problem solved

Hi All

I solved the problem.

It was that I had to disable the mail dir.

But I have another question.

Is it possible in Outlook express in acount name to use the email adress instead of webx_username ????

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, not in the current ISPConfig version. It will be possible in ISPConfig 3.

4. samual

samual New Member

is there a roadmap for ISPConfig 3?
    I think it very interesting but there is something I need and I hear that this would be proberbly a part of version 3.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, there's no roadmap yet...

6. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

how

how did you disable the mail dir? I'm having the same problem.

7. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

found it, but still not working.

found where that is turned on and off, but i still can't log in....

Here's my setup, Debian using the perfect tutorial (wich i'm sure works, so i must have mistyped something or skipped something, or possibly I was abducted by aliens in the middle of the setup and missed something).
    Here's my general setup:

Management>Server>Settings>Email:

MTA Type: Postfix
    Virtuser File: /etc/postfix/virtusertable
    Sendmail CW: /etc/postfix/local-host-names
    Mail Log: /var/log/mail.log
    Save Log: Checked
    Maildir: Checked
    Antivirus-Admin: admispconfig@localhost
    Spamfilter: Checked

ISPConfig's Port Scanner says proper ports are open.

Here's what i get in /var/log/mail.log

Jan 8 10:50:44 serv1 imapd[12275]: imap service init from 127.0.0.1
    Jan 8 10:50:44 serv1 ipop3d[12274]: pop3 service init from 127.0.0.1
    Jan 8 10:50:44 serv1 ipop3d[12274]: Command stream end of file while reading line user=??? host=UNKNOWN
    Jan 8 10:50:44 serv1 postfix/smtpd[12272]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Jan 8 10:50:44 serv1 postfix/smtpd[12272]: lost connection after CONNECT from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Jan 8 10:50:44 serv1 postfix/smtpd[12272]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Jan 8 10:50:44 serv1 imapd[12275]: Connection reset by peer, while reading line user=??? host=UNKNOWN

I read a bunch of other threads, and there's one where it says i should send an email to the users first, to create their boxes, is this nescessary, and how would it be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shawn:eek:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  8. falko

Please post the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap

9. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

Sorry about the delay, had to run to the grocery.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  10. falko

Ok, you're not using Courier which means you must disable Maildir under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email.

11. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

Headscratching

ok, i disabled maildir, rebooted the server (just to be safe), logged back into ispconfig, deleted a user, created a new user, and i still can't get into his email via eubiMiau.

I just tried setting him up in outlook express also, and i am getting Server Response: '-ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Any idea what i should read or where i should go for more info?

I don't really know the proper commands to insure that the mail processes are functioning, or the files that i may need to edit to make such a thing happen. (I just learned how to apt-get install ee)

i'm so new to this sort of stuff, but i haven't had this much fun since learning dos all those years ago.:D

12. falko

Do you mean you can't login to Uebimiau, or something different?
    Was Uebimiau working before?

13. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

sorry, let me clarify

I've never gotten anyone's email to work, via eubimiau or outlook.

I've been wandering through the posts trying to figure out what i should look at, but i'm just not sure.

If anyone knows of where i should look, or something i could read over a nice cup of coffee while listening to Glenn Miller, i would appreciate it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  14. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

testing mail at all

how would i check to see if the mail system is even creating users based on the users i create in ispconfig?

I mean, what i get in the webmail program is "You cannot login with the username and password entered". It's like it never even sees the people i create. It's like either eubimiau doesn't see the users data, or the user's data is not there.

I have located /var/www/web7/user/web7_stlshawn/Maildir
    and /var/mail/web7_stlshawn
    but these are just files, with no directories or anything with them. Seems like there would be one called "inbox" or something like that near them.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.:D

15. falko

16. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

read over, still no go

I read over the thread, created a new users, but i'm not sure how to send them an email (except from the "outside", and i don't think that's what was meant).

I tried logging into their webmail using variations, [email protected], [email protected], boo, web7_boo, and none of them seemed to work.

Is there any configuration that i should do on uebimiau to get it to work with this setup?

Any help is appreciated.
    Be Happy!
    Shawn

17. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

desperate times, desperate measures

OK, i really don't want to reload the whole machine from scratch again, so,,,,
    Is there anyway to kill (or change) the email system,
    kill uebimiau webmail.
    delete all sites and users, reload the mail system, reload eubimiau, re-create the users and sites (or just one of each).

How bad would that be really?

I guess i should look and see if i could just change the email system from Postfix to sendmail, and all i know for sure, is i would have to change the "maildir" check in "management>server>settings>email". How bad would that be?

Just looking for suggestions, i don't want to do anything too drastic if i don't have to. Since the configuration of ISPConfig seems to change so many of these settings, i do get a bit concerned about messing around with the individual components.

I just read over the "perfect setup" instructions again, and i was wondering what sort of bad things would happen if i re-ran the instructions from page 4's "postfix" configurations..... gee, i hope i don't have to reload.

Thanks again,
    Shawn

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  18. falko

I wouldn't do that. I think it's really only a small misconfiguration (and we have to find out where it is...).

That would be really bad. Postfix is much easier to handle than
    Sendmail.

You can re-run the Postfix setup without problems.