httpd (no pid file) not running

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pcotter, Mar 20, 2008.

1. pcotter

pcotter New Member

Help, Debian etch apache not working... Today i rebooted the server and suddenly i cannot access to Ispconfig admin page nor the domains i have hosted!!!!

i try to force Apache to start and i get this:httpd (no pid file) not running
    Webmin works fine!
    Im a littel lost . Please help:confused:

2. pcotter

pcotter New Member

Update

Well i remembered that i was playing around with ssl certificates yesterday so i deleted the certificate and now everything seems to work!!!

But why does that happened? it completely messed up the entire Ispconfig hosts! :confused:

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What exactly did you do before this happened?

4. pcotter

pcotter New Member

I was trying one of those free web certificates for one domain i host. I tried a couple of certificates, and by mistake has i wanted to delete the certificate, i end up deleting the complete site with the delete tab.

I recovered the entire site from recycle bin, changed file permissions to its defaults and went to bed forgetting the ssl certificate installed.

The next day i did a backup image from the entire server with Acronis True Image Linux Agent(sorry about the advertisement) , like always before i update Ispconfig. I rebooted the server and kabummmm!!!!

I first thought that the image was corrupted since i use 2 different hdds, and tried to boot from the original one, and same error. Then i remembered about the ssl certificates from last night, deleted them and light was made!

Thats what i did!

5. falko

So you install a cert, and then accidentally deleted the site? How did you install the cert?

6. pcotter

pcotter New Member

Through Ispconfig ssl create certificate. Created a request uploaded it to Startcom Free SSl, and copied/pasted the certificate into Ispconfig SSL certificate tab. Terminated with save action.

Or do you mean how did i install the certificate after i deleted the site? If so, I didn't.
    happy carnival... sorry, easter!

7. falko

And did it work then (before you deleted the site)?