Spamassassin not installed?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by d31373, Nov 18, 2007.

1. d31373

d31373 New Member

I am fairly new to using Linux as a Server OS. I have however used Linux on-and-off for about 10 years as a desktop OS. Please excuse me if it seems that I do not seem to know what I'm talking about sometimes.

I followed the HOWTO Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Free Perfect Server guide. I have been "playing" with ISPConfig for about a month to get comfortable with the interface. I now feel I am ready to to go "live" with the server. This installation has been up-and-running for approximately 4 days.

I have tested nearly EVERYTHING. Everything seems good, and has been running without flaw. Except, Spamassassin. ClamAV seems to be running correctly, as it changes the header of the emails as they get scanned.

I was reading earlier yesterday that there should be a bin folder in the /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr folder. I decided to check to see if there we any additional packages which needed to be installed for spamassassin so I ran urpmi spamassassin, and was given a list of approximately 12 packages which needed to be installed. I told it "yes" to install them, and rebooted. Still, it does not contain a bin folder, and spamassassin does not scan the messages.

Is there something I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

2. d31373

d31373 New Member

Resolved

For some reason when I installed ISPConfig the spamassassin path was set incorrectly.

The path in the /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/spamassassin.rc.master was set to
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/bin/
    when it should have been
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/local/bin/

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just fixed this in ISPConfig. :)

4. d31373

d31373 New Member

Thanks falko!