Postfix+LDAP+Quota+Antivirus+Antispam

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by alxgomz, Nov 15, 2006.

1. alxgomz

alxgomz New Member

Hello I would like to set up a Mail Server based on Postfix and Authentication against an LDAP directory.
    I think LDAP is a good Idea compared to Mysql so that it can be used to use as a directory in email client such as thunderbird.
    I would like to know if you plan to write such an howto...
    What are the restrictions/limitation compared to a MySQL based server.
    If someone wants to discuss about that, I would be glad to hear about.:)

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I'm currently not planning to write such as tutorial. Maybe someone else is? :)

3. sicnarf

sicnarf New Member

Perhaps this might help...

http://www.linux-mail.info/

It's a good tutorial but i'm having trouble with the LDAP binding part. I think it's a windows 2003 problem though. I am already setting-up my test lab for some isolation tests.

Perhaps maybe when I get things right, I might post it here... =)

4. alxgomz

alxgomz New Member

thanks for the link.
    I finally turned my mind to a solution integrating Exim instead of postfix (mainly for native and flexible content filtering and other cool features of exim).
    My setup is now working (EXIM4 + LDAP + CLAMAV + SPAMASSASSIN) I have to add POP3/IMAP support with dovecot (which I already did in the past and so should not be too dificult). I am actually trying to build a webadmin in written in PHP, which is much more painfull to me as I am not a native coder ;).
    If I finally succeed... I will publish it and maybe write here a little howto...

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

That would be great! :)