Co-Domain and (Main)Domain with same name

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Spaetzle, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello

I have a little problem.

I created a new site. Let's say its name is newsite.tld. When I try to connet to www.newsite.tld everything works well. When I try to go for newsite.tld I see the site www.anothersite.tld. www.anothersite.tld is another site on the same server.

When I look for the settings of www.anothersite.tld I found aout, that there is a co-domain called newsite.tld. If I try to open the setting of this co location I get the error message " You do not have the necessary privileges to read or edit this entry."
    It is not possible for me to delete the site newsite.tld, as there are working some people with this site.
    Does anybody have an Idea how I can fix this?

Best regard

Bernd

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are you logged in as admin?

3. Spaetzle

Hi Falko

Yes I am logged in as admin. Both sites belong to admin. Only difference is that the sites belong to different clients.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  4. 2ndmouse

2ndmouse New Member

Hi all

I have a similar problem - After creating the web site and fiddling with my dns settings (not really sure what i'm doing here), I get the following, from internal and external browser:

http to IP address goes to ispconfig's 'shared IP' page (this is correct, I think), so does http://domain.tld (this is not correct). However, http://www.domain.tld goes, correctly to the web site index page.

When I check domain.tld using pingability.com's quick DNS check, it now returns no errors or warnings, but states "There is no 'www' subdomain for domain.com" - I'm not sure how to correct this problem. I've tried creating a co-domain in ispconfig, but that makes no difference.

Maybe Falko can point us in the right direction???

5. falko

If you get this error message as admin - did you maybe modify the ISPConfig database manually?

6. falko

Please open a new thread for this.

7. Spaetzle

Hi Falko

I didn't touch the ISPconfig database bevor the error happend.
    Do you think it is possible to repaire the problem with modifying the database? As I don't know the relations in the database I do not dare to do the changes.

I think the reason for this problem was, that I showed some one the possibilities of ISPoconfig with the domain name and forgot to clean it up afterwards. The I created the new domain with this name.

8. falko

Can you try to clean all recycle bins, then delete the Co-Domain again, remove it from the recycle bin, and create the CO-Domain again in the correct web site.

9. Spaetzle

Hi

Ok. I checked and cleared al trash bins. the Problem is I can't reach the point where I can delete the co domain. The error messages comes when I try to open it.
    For better understanding I try to write down the structure a little more comprehensive:

I have the follwing sites:
    • site1.tld
    • site2.tld

site1 hat a lower id (webXX) than site2.

site1 has a co-domain named site2.tld. If I click on the link site2.tld in the co.location overview of site1 I get the error message (You do not have the necessary privileges to read or edit this entry.) So I am not able to delete this co-domain.

If I call www.site2.tld I can reach the correct content. If i call site2.tld I see www.site1.tld

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please login as admini user and try to delete the do-domain.

11. Spaetzle

Hi Till

I am logged in as admin. Both sites belong to "reseller" admin. The belong to two different customers.

12. Spaetzle

Hi Till and Falko

Thanks for spending your time on this problem.

I have solved it now. Best ideas come at last :) Maybe I just didn't get your hints ....

If you have the situation like in my last post the only thing I had to do was the following.
    1. Go to site2 admin
    2. Click Co-Domains
    3. open the co-location named site2.tld and delete
    4. clear the trah bin
    5. recreate the domain at site2

Funny thing is that the entry vanished from site1's co-location page too.

I never had the idea to delete the domain in at the site were it should be. But it worked.

But I think that there is a kind of a bug in ISPconfig. It seems that it is not checked if the name of a new site exists as a co-location in another site. Maybe this should be checkd.

Best regards and thanks for you good work here at howtoforge and with ISPconfig. It's a great tool!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  13. falko

It is checked...

14. Spaetzle

So the question is how this could have been happend ...

15. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What Falko meant is that we were not able to reproduce this on any of our severs, so this seems to be a problem in your local installation and not a problem in ISPConfig in general.

16. Spaetzle

OK.

I hope this was a "one shot" on my server to :)

17. morganew

morganew New Member

Reviving this thread, I have the same problem

Running ISPConfig 2.2.21
    I am logged in as admin

Have 3 clients set up, no resellers

Client 1 has website "clientone.com"

Client 2 has website "clienttwo.com"

Under the "sites" folder, click on the "clientone.com" site; go to the "co-domains" tab; "clienttwo.com" is listed as a co-domain. If I attempt to select "clienttwo.com" within the co-domain tab in order to delete, the following error appears:

"You do not have the necessary privileges to read or edit this entry."

I have not hand edited any database or settings.

Any ideas?

18. Spaetzle

It's long ago. But I solved this problem some how without doing any changes directly to the DB.

If I remember exactly the problem was that I created the domain with another customer first. So I deleted the Domain with the other user first. After that it was solved ...