alias how to

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by OzTek, Apr 5, 2008.

1. OzTek

OzTek New Member

Hi,

I am new to this whole ispconfig buisness and i have a customer who wants his domain that he has with us to point to a domain name that is not on our server so that when some one visits www.whatever.com it would automatically redirect to www.his 2nd domain.com

How can i do this? sorry it might be very simple but i looked through the forum & the manual & couldnt figure it out :confused:

thanks in advance :)

2. OzTek

OzTek New Member

wow 73 views and not one reply :eek:

is it that hard? :confused:

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

4. OzTek

OzTek New Member

thanks for the reply falko but im sure you can do it in the admin section of ispconfig i am just not sure if i should go into the dns manager to do it or under the actual account that i want to park

5. falko

You can do it in the DNS Manager only if the ISPConfig server is the authoritative name server for the domain.
    If you want to use rewrite rules, you can put them in the Apache Directives field of the web site.

6. OzTek

OzTek New Member

so how do i do this? can you give me some steps please?

7. falko

Do you use ISPConfig? If so, you can use the Apache Directives field in ISPConfig, otherwise you can out the rewrite rules into the Apache vhost configuration of that vhost or in an .htaccess file.