postfix and email server setup

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by claybv, Apr 7, 2008.

1. claybv

claybv New Member

Okay, i'm used to windows showing step by step. now I love linux.i'm using GUI "gnome" in fedora 8. I used some command line instructions but I think i didnt replace some of the names with my own setup. such as my domain,my server,named,my network,etc. So now I need help with setup of my postfix and email.
    with command line illustrations please.

Or reference to where to replace description with My own setup in the "how to" instructions.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. claybv

claybv New Member

ispconfig install

okay, got it.

Now i'm trying to install ispconfig. I need to know why its not installing. what directory do I put ispconfig,do I rename "install folder". am I missing a step to get ispconfig folder started. when I run setup nothing happens and folders and directions are NOT matching up now when I use FALKO's how to setup for server now?:confused:

is there a thread that might help me?

4. falko

You can install ISPConfig from any directory except /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig (but the installer tells you if you are in one of these directories).
    For example, you can download ISPConfig to /tmp, unpack it, and then do this:
    Code:
    cd install_ispconfig
    ./setup
    Also take a look here: http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm

5. claybv

claybv New Member

further down line now

I got further on install/setup now.
    just didn't get to end and it cancelled ,didnt like something towards end of install.

6. falko