SUSE 10.3 Perfect Server setup question

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Mrs_Sam, May 21, 2008.

1. Mrs_Sam

Mrs_Sam New Member

Hi guys,

I was following the perfect SUSE server writeup here (http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_server_opensuse10.3) trying to install same components on newly acquired copy of SUSE Enterprise x86-64.

I got stuck with couple of things: lynx (browser?), courier-authlib and courier-imap could not be found on the medium presumably DVD.

how do i add a repository to YaST if i need at all? or are these things located on the 2nd DVD i haven't burnt yet? in short where to get them from provided i work from CLI.

the last question for today: since i only need email server do i have to install MySQL? I guess i still need Apache for SquirrelMail, but am not sure about MySQL.

pls advise

Sam

UPD: i went on and ran the installation of MySQL to be on the safe side, but libmysqlclient-devel was also not found in the sources (default) of SUSE 10 Ent :(

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. Mrs_Sam

Mrs_Sam New Member

thank you for your reply Falko, but in Suse 10 Enterprise there is no 'Community repositories' to add. no such thing at all. any ideas? please.....

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, thats a problem as the enterprise versions just do not offer these packages.

lynx: this packages is just nice to have and not absolutely needed, you can leave this out without any consequences for the overall setup.

courier: are there any courier packages when you search with yast? If yes, please post a list here. If not, you can use the dovecot pop3 and imap server instead of courier for this setup.