A user with administrator privileges does already exist.

Discussion in 'General' started by isaeus, May 23, 2008.

1. isaeus

isaeus New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm running ISPConfig for some time now, without to much problems.

Only a few days ago a notice something strange is going on..

While all my Recycle bin's are empty, I create a new site (with goes fine) and I create a new admin user (the first one for this site) I get the message 'A user with administrator privileges does already exist. You must remove the other administrator if you wish to assign administrator privileges to this user.'

I've already reinstalled ISPConfig, without any luck.

I'm running a fully updated Fedora Core 7 and ISPConfig 2.2.23

Does anyone have a clue where to look for?

Thanks!

Martin

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does this problem exist only for this one site? Did you try to add another website for testing, are you able to add a administrator user for this testing site?

3. isaeus

isaeus New Member

It only happens at new sites. Existing websites does not seem to have the same problem.

Tested it on an existing website (added Monday), removed and added administrator rights without any problems.

Deleted the user within this existing website and added it without any problems.

Today I've created 2 sites which have the same problem (it's not only the last site created).

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you somehow modify the ISPConfig database?

5. isaeus

isaeus New Member

Not that I know of, could the database be currupted? How to check?

6. isaeus

isaeus New Member

Hi Falko,

You where right, although I did not modify the database, there was definitely something wrong in it.

The created website was part of the admin group. On database level, in table isp_nodes was the sites 'userid' and 'groupid' corresponding with the correct user_groups and sys_user. But when I created a user within this site, the userid and groupid was from a different group and user. No idea where it got this from...

I solved it in my case by deleting the site and user, created a new client and recreated the site and user for this new client...