Mail Server Setup With Exim, MySQL, Cyrus-Imapd, Horde Webmail On Centos 5.1

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by bup413, May 28, 2008.

1. bup413

bup413 New Member

I have been banging my head for days and think I have finally narrowed things down. Following the HowTo listed in the title everything appeared to be going fine until I tried to login to Horde. I am down to this:
    if I login to horde with user [email protected] and watch the logs I see it is not passing the domain.net through to authenticate. I then went into MySQL and removed domain.net from that user. It now authenticates fine, however when trying to send an email I get the following error: "There was an error sending your message: Validation failed for: [email protected]"
    Honestly there is only one domain being used and always will be that way I would just assume users not have to put in the domain.net. Is there a way to knock out both problems at once?

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

You should be able to authenticate with the full email address, the domain part is passed as the realm to the auth process.

3. bup413

bup413 New Member

That was my thinking

That is what I thought, however when watching the logs is is parsing the complete email and tossing the domain. The realm comes through ' '

-A

4. topdog

topdog Active Member

are you running saslauthd with the -r option ?

5. bup413

bup413 New Member

I added the -r flag in /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd and tried again.
    Here is the tail from the log file.

saslauthd[31401]: do_auth : auth failure: [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]

6. topdog

topdog Active Member

I had this exact issue when i wrote the tutorial, problem is i dont remember how i fixed i thought it was the -r flag but it seems not to be, do u have a default domain in your imapd.conf file ?

7. topdog

topdog Active Member

Okay to drill this down, can you login to horde but cannot login to imp ? or you cannot login at all ?

8. bup413

bup413 New Member

If I remove the domain from the users name in the horde_users SQL table it works. Then of course horde will not send mail because it doesn't have the domain set, so when I compose email it comes up but when you click send it fails. Watching the logs I can't get saslauthd to pass the realm.

9. topdog

topdog Active Member

Okay with the full domain in the database can you login to horde ? but not imp or can you not login at all and did you restart saslauthd after you added the -r option ?

10. bup413

bup413 New Member

It is logging into Horde but not imp

11. topdog

topdog Active Member

okay now i think i remember, you need to set defaultdomain: to localhost.localdomain, if you set it your actual domain it will be stripped off from the email address before it is passed to saslauthd.