ISPConfig 3.0.0.5 Beta Released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jun 10, 2008.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The second Beta version of ISPconfig 3 is available for download. This release is
    for testing only, it is not for production use.

ISPConfig 3 is a new Hosting Control Panel written from scratch. ISPConfig 3
    is not a direct update for ISPConfig 2. DO not install it on a ISPConfig 2 server.

Features of ISPConfig 3 compared to ISPConfig 2
    -----------------------------------------------------

- Support for virtual mail users
    - Support for virtual FTP Users
    - Support for multiple Servers
    - Support for splitting of services to multiple servers
    (Database, web, FTP and DNS can be on different servers).

Download
    -----------------------------------------------------

The software itself can be downloaded here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.0.5-beta.tar.gz

ISPConfig 3.0.0.5 Beta is also available as ready to run VMWare virtual
    machine based on Debian Linux.

Download of the VMWare image:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig_3.0.0.5_debian_etch.zip (approx. 600 MB)

When you run the vmware image the first time you will be asked to keep
    or create a MAC address. Select "keep", otherwise the networking wont work.

The root password of the VM is set to "ispconfig", the IP address is
    192.168.0.105 and has to be reconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces
    to meet your network requirements. The ISPconfig Interface login is:

http://192.168.0.105:8080/

User = admin
    Password = admin.

Changes:
    --------------------------------------

- Added graphical icons for active / inactive rows in lists and a graphical delete button.
    - Added mailbox statistics in the interface.
    - Made headers clickable in the menu on the left side.
    - Added a function to let new servers join existing ispconfig 3 installations in expert installation mode.
    - Added support for php fcgi.
    - Added support for jailkit.

- Many bugs were fixed, see bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3&due=8

And many bugs have been fixed.

For a detailed cahngelog, please have a look at the SVN history with a SVN client of your choice:

svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk/

Known Issues:

Please have a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting

This is a Beta release and we invite everone to report bugs. Bugs can be either reported
    in the ispconfig forum (preferaböe to this forum thread) or you sign up for a account
    in the ISPConfig bugtracking system and sent a email to dev[at]ispconfig[dot]org with your
    bugtracker username and and the request to activate your user. Due to massive SPAM problems
    we had to dectivate the automatic activation of bugtracker accounts.

Supported Linux Distributions
    -----------------------------
    - Debian Etch (4.0).
    - Ubuntu 7.10

More Linux Distributions will be supported soon.

Installation
    --------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig on Debian and Ubuntu can be found
    in the text files INSTALL_DEBIAN.txt and INSTALL_UBUNTU.txt which are inside
    the ISPConfig-3.0.0.5-beta.tar.gz file.

2. reaper

reaper New Member

I cannot create DNS records with empty or @ name like NS or similar. Is that normal and I'm missing something or not?

3. till

Please explain what you entered in detail, e.g. with a screeshot.

4. reaper

reaper New Member

sorry, missed dot in zone name :)

5. reaper

reaper New Member

btw "Cancel" button on "add record" page returns you to list of zones, not list of records

"delete zone" button does not delete its records, is that normal behaviour?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  6. daveb

daveb Member

Hey Till,
    I was looking but can not find what packages are needed for other servers "services" so that they can be controlled via isp3 control panel. like additional http, dns, and mail servers. Maybe I just missed something but could you enlighten me please.

7. till

When you install ispconfig 3 on a new server that shall be part of a existing ispconfig 3 installation, select expert installation mode, enter the database details of the remote ispconfig 3 installation that you want to join and select that you do not want to install a controlpanel frontend on the local server.

8. daveb

daveb Member

Ok Thanks Till,
    I guess I can just install the pakages needed for say a http server and then install the ispconfig 3 in expert mode or do I have to install all packages mail,dns,http, ect on each server even though each server will have specific roles?

9. till

On each server, you will have to install the php packages (except the mod_php package, which is only needed if apache is installed too), as ISPConfig requires them for local processing. Then install only the services that you want on the server. The server can be divided in the following parts:

1) Mailserver: Install the postfix, amavisd and clamav packages.
    2) DNS Server: Install mydns
    3) Webserver: Install apache, vlogger and pureftpd packages
    4) DB server: Not really useful yet, as the current beta lacks support for user databases.

10. gjcomputer

gjcomputer ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

so... when can we expect a RC1? :D

11. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

So bind won't be supported out of the box?

12. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

My first ISPConfig 3 setup

Dear Till/Falko,

Yesterday i've setup a Debian Etch server with this version of ISPConfig 3.
    I did so to have some experience with it.
    I must say (although, it's under heavy developement) that i ám impressed.
    Also the server setup is quiet easy! The ISPConfig userinterface is quiet different and i have to get used to it, but i like it!

I've also seen that there is a language file editor available within ISPCOnfig 3 and that the Dutch one is not available yet.
    I would like to help with text in Dutch, so please let me know, how i can do that.

Kind regards,

13. till

Most likely in the next few weeks. But we need more poeple to test the beta to find possible bugs.

The Beta is nearly feature complete, the missing parts are just databases for users and email filtering rules and some minor changes. For a detailed list, please have a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?project=3&do=index

14. till

It is planned to support bind later. the problem is that bind does not have support for mysql out of the box, so a plugin to write bind config files has to be written.

15. till

The steps to create a dutch translation are:

1) Go to Language Editor > New Language:

Select Language Basis: en
    New language: nl

Click on "Create new language file set". The language name must be always two cahrs long in lower case.

2) Go to CP Users > Edit User > click on the admin user and change the language to "nl", so that you are able to see the progress of your translation.

3) Go To Language Editor > Languages. Select the new "nl" language and you get a list of the Dutch language files. Now click on every language file, translate the sentences and words in the text fields and click on save.

4) When you are done, go to Language Editor > Export to export the lnaguage file set. Please send me the new language file set by mail so that I can integrate them into ispconfig.

16. Hans

Ok Till,

I can do my homework again ;)

17. Hans

Till,
    I started with creating a Dutch language file set for ISPConfig3, so it's ready for RC1, but i did not succeed: I am not able to copy the English language file set to another one. In my case "nl". When try to copy the set from "en" into "nl" and click the button "Create new language file set" the following error occurs:

Warning: copy(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web//lib/lang/de.lng) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/admin/language_add.php on line 70

When i hit Enter instead, this error does not occur.

One more thing:
    On the server i see within /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/admin/lib/lang/ that the language files started with "nl" are created, but i can't use the new language file set within ISPConfig3.

To make translation from English to Dutch possible, i exported the English language file set, so i can start with translation into Dutch.
    It's ok for now, but think there is a bug. When i am done, i send you the Dutch translation.

18. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I can not open bugs, yet, so I post it here, nothing big:

System -> Server -> Edit Server IP
    Selecting "Server" (VM Applinace), does not show an IP. If entering one in the field on the right an hitting enter, I end up at the add user page.

Another thing, I guess the DNS-Server is active when running the VM Applinace? I ran it in bridged mode, changed the IP in the interface list, and the config in the webinterface. But digging a testdomain + a record, added in the DNS ends up in "query refused"...

19. Hans

Dutch language file set for ISPConfig 3

@Till,

Today i've created a Dutch language file set for ISPConfig 3.
    I'll send it to you by email,

Kind regards,

20. till

@ Ben & Hans:

Thank you for posting the bug reports. I added them to the bugtracker.

@Ben: I enabled your bugtracker user to post bugs.