couldn't found mime type..........

Discussion in 'Technical' started by saanchi, Jun 7, 2008.

1. saanchi

saanchi New Member

I got kubuntu 7.10 installed ...........
    there is a problem started for some time....
    everytime i open a new window or new tab or even go
    back and forward in konqueror it displays an error message ......" sorry , couldn't find mime type"...

could anyone tell wat's the problem and wat is it's remedy....

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. mellentino

mellentino New Member

Hello

I also have similar problem, but it happens only with mailbox files.... the file manager keeps telling me it's an x-stream type. Actually its a mailbox file for sendmail.

4. saanchi

saanchi New Member

thnx.......

thnx for the link ............it worked......

5. falko

What's the exact error message? When exactly does this happen (and in what application)?

6. mellentino

mellentino New Member

Very sorry for the late reply..... that happens on FC6 actually..... the error is displayed on user's squirrelmail page (Mailbox isn't a valid mbox file). When I make a check with nautilus, it says that the file is an x-stream/application type while some mbox files is displayed correctly as "mailbox MBOX file"

7. falko

Did you configure SquirrelMail for the correct POP3 server?

8. mellentino

mellentino New Member

Everything was configured exactly as described in the tutorial "Installing a LAMP server using Fedora Core 6". The problem came out when moving old user mailbox files..... some can be read directly but some mailbox files gave a MIME reading of x-stream/application.

Is there a document that describe correctly the MIME structure for mbox files ?