web hosting control panels: Ensim - to - CPanel migration

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by rsleventhal, Jun 12, 2008.

1. rsleventhal

rsleventhal New Member

I'd love to see a comprehensive how-to on migrating sites from the Ensim control panel to Cpanel.

There seems to exist a script within cpanel's admin interface (WHM) called pkgacct-enXim, but the documentation is nearly non-existent and using the script is not terribly intuitive.

I'm in the process of trying to move about100 sites in this fashion and would love to see a how-to. Of course, if I get this done without one, I'd be happy to right it up :)

Regards,
    -Ray

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Unfortunately I've never worked neither with Ensim nor CPanel, so I'm afraid I can't help.

3. zcworld

zcworld New Member

isn't the ensim an windows Web hosting Control Panel

if so
    its at best going to be evil .....

had a quick look at it .. lookig at there trail ver of it to se whats its like

4. rsleventhal

rsleventhal New Member

The existing docs are *Very* lacking, IMO and now that I've had some experience with it, it doesn't seem to be as horrid as I had feared.

When/If I get through all this (hehe), I'll do a write-up which howtoforge would certainly be welcome to use if they felt it worthy.

As for Ensim, it's a Linux panel which was also available for Win/IIS. I never used it there.

Thanks to all,
    -R

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  5. cPanelDavidG

cPanelDavidG New Member