You dont have the permission to view this record or this record does not exist.

Discussion in 'General' started by standk, Jul 16, 2006.

1. standk

standk New Member

I receive this message whenever I try viewing a database or after creating one: "You dont have the permission to view this record or this record does not exist."

I have tried changing the charset to latin1, and the sys_user table looks fine, also. What could be causing this? It worked initially, I was able to log-in with the new password, edit and create, and now I cannot, just a few hours later with no change to the system.

K

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What did you mean with "viewing a database or after creating one"?

Do you mean you get this error when you add a new DNS record?

3. pksings

pksings New Member

I have this exact same problem so please accept my explanation

After login I cannot actually do anything other than view the zone names. Anything else errors. Clicking the zone name gives me a "you don't have permission" error. Clicking a user name gives me a "this object doesn't exist" error.

I was able to solve this once by "dropping" the entire database and re-creating it and reentering all my DNS info, which is quite small. But having to do this every time I want to add or change a record is a bit much.

It did work fine right after re-creating the database, no problems whatsoever.

An additional problem is that upon adding or changing a user name the prompts at the bottom are in German even though I specified English. It took me a few attempts to determine which button to use after making the changes.

Thanks much

PK

4. angelika

angelika New Member

I had the same problem, the admin ( user default ) work ok but when i tried to create sub account ( allowed to user module dns ) after this sub account login and try to create a new SOA record, its does not success ( not show that domain on SOA record list on his user cp ) but when trying to re-logging in with user default ( admin ) I can see that records but when click on, mydnsconfig said You dont have the permission to view this record or this record does not exist.

5. markhawke7

markhawke7 New Member

I have now fresh installed using this HOWTO 3 times:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-mydns-mydnsconfig-fedora8

And I'm having the exact problem. I've tried some of the other supposed fixes for this from the forum and none of them help. I still can't use the new user I created and I still get German buttons. Hopefully Falko will post with a reply with some explanation.

-Mark

6. markhawke7

markhawke7 New Member

I did a little looking and poking around with phpMyAdmin.
    It looks like the first problem is that the mydnsconfig.sql creates 2 groups for Admin and Use with id's of 1 and 2 respectively. However, it then creates the admin user with a group ID of "0" which isn't a group at all. It also creates the sys_user table, setting the sys_groupid field to default to "0" as well. This is from this HOWTO:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-mydns-mydnsconfig-fedora8

I found that the permissions error went away when I changed sys_groupid to a 1 instead of a 0 for the new user that I created. It was then able to do whatever it wanted. Also, I now get english buttons except for the ones in the "System" area. They are still German.

However, if you look at this HOWTO:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/mydns_name_server_p2
    It creates the admin use with a default group of "1". Interestingly, this HOWTO creates sys_user table with sys_groupid defaulting to 0. It also doesn't show creating the sys_group, sys_datalog, sys_dbsync, sys_filesync tables at all. So it's unclear based on that how to reference the assigned group ID to an actual group.

So the question then is, should the group ID's really be admin=0 and user=1, or should sys_groupid default to 1 and the .sql script create the admin user with a groupid of 1?

Inquiring minds want to know. I think I'm going to try changing the sys_group table creation to be 0 and 1. It's wonderful to have a snapshot to fall back on for this testing.

-Mark

7. markhawke7

markhawke7 New Member

Ok, this is the sql install script that seems to work. I'm only pasting in the parts that changed. Your mileage may vary.

-Mark

CREATE TABLE `sys_user` (
    `userid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `sys_userid` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
    `sys_groupid` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
    `sys_perm_user` varchar(5) NOT NULL default '',
    `sys_perm_group` varchar(5) NOT NULL default '',
    `sys_perm_other` varchar(5) NOT NULL default '',
    `username` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `passwort` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `modules` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    `startmodule` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    `app_theme` varchar(100) NOT NULL default 'default',
    `typ` varchar(20) NOT NULL default 'user',
    `active` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',
    `name` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `vorname` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `unternehmen` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `strasse` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `ort` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `plz` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',
    `land` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
    `email` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `url` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    `telefon` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `fax` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
    `language` varchar(10) NOT NULL default 'en',
    `groups` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    `default_group` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
    PRIMARY KEY (`userid`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

--
    -- Daten für Tabelle `sys_user`
    --
    INSERT INTO `sys_user` (`userid`, `sys_userid`, `sys_groupid`, `sys_perm_user`, `sys_perm_group`, `sys_perm_other`, `username`, `passwort`, `modules`, `startmodule`, `app_theme`, `typ`, `active`, `name`, `vorname`, `unternehmen`, `strasse`, `ort`, `plz`, `land`, `email`, `url`, `telefon`, `fax`, `language`, `groups`, `default_group`) VALUES
    (1, 1, 1, 'riud', 'riud', '', 'admin', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin,dns', 'dns', 'grey', 'admin', 1, '', 'Administrator', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'en', '1,2', 1);

8. markhawke7

markhawke7 New Member

For the German buttons in the "System" area, it looks like you just have to edit the html by hand in the admin/templates area.

Later!

-Mark