Webalizer Stats

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by chimaster, Jun 25, 2008.

1. chimaster

chimaster New Member

Hi All,

I recently (November Last Year) migrated my system to a new server. All went well, however in the last two weeks, I've had 2 (out of 70) customers tell me they can't see there stats.!!

We migrated alot of users to google analytics, so it wasn't an issue, however, these guys are keen on their stats.. I thought I had resolved this during the migration as our www dir moved from /home/www to /var/www and I updated the configs.

When I run:
    /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php > webalizer.log

I get no output in the log. (I don't know if I should manually run). Per site logs are created fine, web.log is ok. I'm not sure where to go from here. If I could work out more verbose logging I could potentially see where the issue is.

Any suggestions?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you check if the settings in the isp_server table are correct for your new server?

3. chimaster

chimaster New Member

Yes

Hi Falko,

As far as I can see all the settings match the new server.
    Although the SQL root password was for the old server (I've updated and am testing now). Everything was still ticking fine even though it was out dated, but I'll keep you posted.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  4. clubV

clubV New Member

i will tell you what we did, to solve performance issues on our servers - Webalizer is a resource hungry software. You will help to save considerable amount of server resources by using recommended statistics tool only, not all available in cPanel at the same time. first, To access the Statistic Log Configuration Menu, click on the icon above the words Statistics Software Configuration on the main screen of your cPanel interface. second,
    Uncheck the box next to the stats program(s) you DO NOT wish to use.
    & final Click on Submit to save your changes.
    John