ISPConfig refuses install under suse 11

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pc_helferlein, Jul 31, 2008.

1. pc_helferlein

pc_helferlein New Member

I made a clean install step by step and all went ok, but now the ispconfig refuses to install.
    I get this message:

Configured for linux-elf.
    making all in crypto...
    make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/openssl-0.9.7m/crypto'
    ( echo "#ifndef MK1MF_BUILD"; \
    echo ' /* auto-generated by crypto/Makefile for crypto/cversion.c */'; \
    echo ' #define CFLAGS "gcc -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -m486 -Wall -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM"'; \
    echo ' #define PLATFORM "linux-elf"'; \
    echo " #define DATE \"`LC_ALL=C LC_TIME=C date`\""; \
    echo '#endif' ) >buildinf.h
    gcc -I. -I.. -I../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -m486 -Wall -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -c -o cryptlib.o cryptlib.c
    cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-m486"
    make[1]: *** [cryptlib.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/openssl-0.9.7m/crypto'
    make: *** [sub_all] Error 1
    ERROR: Could not make OpenSSL
    cd: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/aps.tar.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/spamassassin.tar.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/uudeview.tar.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/clamav.tar.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronolog': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/cronosplit': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/ispconfig_tcpserver': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/zip': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `binaries/unzip': No such file or directory
    tar: spamassassin.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    mv: cannot stat `spamassassin': No such file or directory
    tar: uudeview.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `uudeview': No such file or directory
    tar: clamav.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `clamav': No such file or directory
    tar: aps.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    ./setup2: line 888: ispconfig_tmp/php/bin/php: No such file or directory
    ERROR: Das mitgelieferte PHP-Binary funktioniert auf Ihrem System nicht! Die Installation bricht hier ab!

does anyone know why that happens?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. pc_helferlein

pc_helferlein New Member

uname -a Throws me the following information :):

Linux sharing 2.6.25.11-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2008-07-13 20:48:28 +0200 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

The trick with -486 replacment by itune=486 didn't work out i already tried that.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. pc_helferlein

pc_helferlein New Member

Yep four times before i registered in the forums.

6. squared

squared New Member

Hey, i'm getting the same.
    Followed the How To guide four times from 4 clean installs and i get stuck @ this same point too

my error messages are excatly the same as above
    i even get the same info when i type uname -a

Linux server 2.6.25.5-1.1-pae #1 SMP 2008-06-07 01:55:22 +0200 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

I've included my output in a txt file if anyone wishes to look

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I just did a test installation on OpenSuSE 11 and it compiled fine for me. I followed the perfect setup line by line.

I used the default kernel:

Linux server1 2.6.25.11-0.1-default #1 SMP 2008-07-13 20:48:28 +0200 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

To your problem:

1) Install all available updates with yast.
    2) Run the following line from the perfect setup guide to make sure that really all prerequisites for the compilation are installed:

Code:
    yast2 -i findutils readline libgcc glibc-devel findutils-locate gcc flex lynx compat-readline4 db-devel wget gcc-c++ make vim telnet cron iptables iputils man man-pages

8. pc_helferlein

pc_helferlein New Member

Since I installed a ssh console server at the beginning and worked my way through the installations without any errors even using copy and paste at the end of the 4th installation i don' have any idea what could have gone wrong.
    As i said I tried it 4 times and each time on a fresh installation from DVD.

Could it maybe be possible that Suse made some minor updates which could interfere without you knowing it?
    If you wish I will retry it a fifth with a clean installation on my VM Workstation. I could also can try that you can download the VM-Ware image so you could see for yourself if it still fails, or maybe you contact me via mail or icq so we can have a lok together at that mysterious "bug" that bugs me.

kind regards

9. till

I dont think so, as I did the installation again an hour ago and it worked like a charm.

Maybe you should try it again under vmware, the only thing I can tell you at the moment is that there is no bug in the installation instructions or in ISPConfig as far as I can see.

10. squared

squared New Member

Almost given up...

Yeah, i also pasted the commands through putty so no chance of typo's.
    i also was searching the fourms and some one had the same issue and it turned out to be faulty memory - but after 5 passes with MemTest my memory seems fine

Tried all the other commands and packages others are suggesting but still...
    "ERROR: cant make OpenSSL" its starting to get me a little crazy

no chance that 2nd unconfigured network card could be the cause ???
    guess i'll take it out and then i'm going to do a clean install again and type the commands in manually from the perfect setup guide.

Will let you know what happens

11. wesleyjones

wesleyjones New Member

Same problem here

I have followed all the guidance in this thread and done it 3 times and I cannot get ISPConfig to install.

There is some incomplete data on your website that could be contributing to the problem:

Other Required Packages

This list to be made a bit more definitive - pedro

You also need to install the MySQL header files which normally come in the following packages

mysql-devel mysql-dev libmysql-devel

You will also need to install a few other libraries and their header files. Here is a list of packages from a recent debian 4 installation from a "bare bones".

openssl-dev, mysqlclient-dev, etcs .. list to go here

#Spam Assasin requires
    libarchive-tar-perl
    libemail-abstract-perl
    libemail-simple-perl
    libemail-valid-perl​

I could not find any of the packages for spam assasin on yast :confused:

12. till

13. pc_helferlein

pc_helferlein New Member

Besides:
    You will also need to install a few other libraries and their header files. Here is a list of packages from a recent debian 4 installation from a "bare bones".

If you read thourougly you can clearly read that these are the Debian 4 Names of the packages. It is clear that you won't find them in Yast.
    I will be 10 days away from pc and internet and I suggest, I will put up a new fresh OS11 Linux up as Virtuell machine and stick to the Server Manual. If it then fails Till can download the machine from me and have a look for himself if he wants so. Unfortunatelly I am currently not in the position of doing such a time costing thing due a lack of time. After my return I will certainly do that.

kind regards

14. well_fans

well_fans New Member

OKay for those struggling with this problem here's my solution and it seems to work for me but no guarantees as I'm a bit of n00b when it comes to this stuff :)

I think the problem occurred for me because I thought I knew better than the perfect guide and before starting to install ISPConfig I had Suse do a full update to all the latest versions - that'll teach me to stick to the instructions lol.

Anyway to the solution - dowload ISPConfig to your /tmp folder, use tar to decompress as per the installation instructions. Now STOP and before running ./setup do the following..

cd install_ispconfig/compile_aps
    wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.8i.tar.gz
    rm -f openssl-0.9.7m*

so basically download the latest version of openssl and remove the old one shipped with the ISPConfig download. I found that although ISPConfig had shipped with 0.9.7m my Suse was already running 0.9.8g hence the reason for the problem as far as I can see.

finally you need to edit the compile file to change the version of openssl it looks for, one of the top 20 or so lines in the file, just change the version and save and your ready to carry on installing ISPConfig as per the instructions on the website.

Be handy if the developers could include the new version as part of the download, save having to make these changes?

15. till

Generally we try to include always the latest versions. But the last time we updated openssl, the new openssl version failed to compile on several other linux distributions and so many updates on existing sytsems failed.

We will check if the latest openssl update will work on all suppoerted linux distributions and versions, but that takes some time.

16. well_fans

well_fans New Member

thanks for that, wasn't meant as a criticism and I appreciate it is difficult to support lots of platforms, was simply asking the question to see if it would be possible. At least we've got a solution to the problem for now for those of us that dont read instructions as closely as we should :D