Multiple User delete?

Discussion in 'General' started by tylersell, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tylersell

tylersell New Member

I have an ispconfig system up and running for a few years now and have aquired lots of old email user accounts.. I am trying to delete them but I have to wait a while between each delete. Is there a way to delete multiple users at the same time to save time? Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There should be no wit time nescessary. Just delete all users so they are in the recycle bin and when you have all users deleted, then go to the recycle bin and empty it. There is no need to empty the recycle bin after every user.

3. tylersell

tylersell New Member

unfortunately it gives me this message when I go to delete the next user.. "huhutxt_system_currently_updated_no_recycle_bin"

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Which ISPConfig version are you using?

5. tylersell

tylersell New Member

Version: 2.2.7

6. till

The version is really old. You should update to the current version (2.2.24) and check if the problem still exists.

7. tylersell

tylersell New Member

do I need to upgrade to an earlier version first or just jump straight to 2.2.24?

Thanks for all your help!!

8. till

You can update directly with 2.2.24. In case anything goes wrong during update, dont panic :) Just make sure to run the command:

mkdir /root/ispconfig

before you try to run the setup script again.

9. tylersell

tylersell New Member

Thank you very much, I will try it next week after the holiday weekend...

10. tylersell

tylersell New Member

So I went wild tonight and upgraded to the newest version... went very smoothly, thanks for that!! Upon signing in as admin I noticed I could delete multiples as promised, however if I signed in as a site admin I could only delete one withouth getting "The recycle bin cannot be accessed because the system is currently being updated. Please try again in a few minutes."

Not really a big deal, now that I know I can do what I need with the admin account.

Thanks again for all the help!