Disable Help Section

Discussion in 'General' started by dayjahone, Jun 18, 2007.

1. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

Is there a way to disable the help section for clients who log in?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

if you replace remove "help" in the string "isp_kunde,isp_file,tools,help" in the modules column of the user in the database table sys_user of the ispconfig database, the help module is not diesplayed anymore.

3. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

I found the file /var/lib/mysql/ispconfigdb/sys_user.MYD that has that line in it, but I'm not sure I'm editing it correctly. If I delete "help," I can't log on at all.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  4. till

Dtabase files are never edited manually with a editor! This are not text files. Please restore a backup as of this file as it is now broken. Use e.g. phpmyadmin or the mysql command to edit data in the database.

5. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

Worked perfectly. Thanks.

6. m u r

m u r Member

Sorry, but how do I do it with phpMyAdmin?

I select the ispconfig database from the menu, click on "sys_user"...then what?

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Browse the records in that table and edit the modules column. Remove the string "help" from there.

8. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

I see a list of users. Is there a way to make it so, as new users are created, I don't have to go in and delete help from the modules column?

9. till

You will have to modify the code in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_kunde.lib.php

10. dayjahone

dayjahone Member

Is it a simple modification?

11. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes - in line 96 change
    Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO sys_user (userid, username, passwort,gueltig,perms,modules,modul) VALUES ('$userid', '$username', '$passwort','1','rw','isp_kunde,isp_file,tools,help','isp_kunde')";
    to
    Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO sys_user (userid, username, passwort,gueltig,perms,modules,modul) VALUES ('$userid', '$username', '$passwort','1','rw','isp_kunde,isp_file,tools','isp_kunde')";
    and in line 288 change
    Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO sys_user (doc_id, userid, username, passwort,gueltig,perms,modules,modul) VALUES ('".$sys_user_id."','$userid', '$username', '','1','rw','isp_kunde,isp_file,tools,help','isp_kunde')";
    to
    Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO sys_user (doc_id, userid, username, passwort,gueltig,perms,modules,modul) VALUES ('".$sys_user_id."','$userid', '$username', '','1','rw','isp_kunde,isp_file,tools','isp_kunde')";