Is it possible to set up dedicated IP hosting using ISPConfig??

Discussion in 'General' started by Doomster, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Doomster

Doomster New Member

I installed ISPConfig on a Linux box. We are not a web hosting company and we want to use ISPConfig to simulate one of our customer environments.

ISPConfig runs fine and I created a reseller and a few customers. Now I want to use dedicated IP addresses for the sites for these clients.

I reserved a band of IP addresses from our DNS server. I added the aliases in the /etc/network/interfaces file.

I have an IP address that is the IP address of my Linux box. This is the IP addr. of the ISPConfig server. Unfortunately, this is the only IP address shown in the pulldown menu.

I go to Clients folder and select my client.

Then the web page with the title "ISP Client" shows up.

I click the "Site Management" folder. There is an IP address hypertext. it's the same IP address as my Linux box. I click that and I get the "ISP Site" page. Under the "Basis" folder, there is a pulldown menu called "IP Address". There are no other options in there.

How do I go about adding the IP addresses I added as aliases in the /etc/network/interfaces file into this pulldown menu so each client or reseller can have a dedicated solo IP address?

Thanx.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must add the IP addresses under Management > Server > Settings.

3. Doomster

Doomster New Member

Thanx!

Your answer really helped!