WYSIWYG web based editors?

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by homer, Apr 26, 2005.

1. homer

homer New Member

I need to include a web based WYSIWYG editor into a project that I'm currently programming for a customer. Any recommendations?

2. leon

leon New Member

3. tagammeer

tagammeer New Member

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. homer

homer New Member

Uhhh... Any differences between these 3, or doesn't it matter which one I use?

6. beatty_t

beatty_t New Member

FCK Editor

A MUST for client side ease of use and available features... I've gotten a half-dozen cms developers onto it... and they praise it too! Good call Falko (friggers... the guy can write great tutorials too...)!

:)

7. MystaMax

MystaMax New Member

WYSIWYGpro

http://www.wysiwygpro.com/

wysiwygPRO is another good one, outputs very good code. We use it @ work. I also run numerous Joomla (www.joomla.org) sites and they come preinstalled w/ a port of TinyCE. IMO, I do not like how this reformats code. So I switched to FCKeditor. This editor is by far the best 'free' solution. It outputs very nice code.

8. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

9. str2etboy

str2etboy New Member

Hi

I took a look at all of the above listed editors. I like the most tinymce and xinha which seems to be a little bit more complex and hard to set up but looks great so i decided to use this.
    It ok, i set up everything and works great, modified everything according to my demands but id like to dumb the source code into MySQL database. With tinyMCE it was no problem for my. Writing the script took only half an hour but i cannot imagine how to do tha sem with Xinha. Has anyone had a problem like this?
    If so, please post!
    Thx