Add new user - CP - remove field username

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by thomas.jensen, Jan 5, 2009.

1. thomas.jensen

thomas.jensen New Member

Hi ALL,

Is there a way to remove one of the fields email or username from the Control panel "add user" under the ISP User, so that the user only has to enter something in one of the fields, and make that entry be copied from email to username.

Witch files need to be modified and where?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It can not be removed without coding a lot and it is not recommended to remove it as this will limit the functionality of the controlpanel to e.g. have only one user account info@ for the whole server instead of one account per website.

3. thomas.jensen

thomas.jensen New Member

No. Maybe I did'nt make it clear what I ment.

Under the domain / site - User & Email - you click "New"
    [​IMG]

Where you have to enter both username and email. But we would like to make only one of the fields visible an copy the data to the other field

So if I entered Thomas in Emailadress, the same would be copied to Username
    [​IMG]

4. till

Take a look at the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/plugins/isp_username.plugin.php

5. thomas.jensen

thomas.jensen New Member

Thanks a lot Till. Worked like a charm.

New task.

I would like to enter the text "-1 = unlimited" besides every place where the users / admins can change web space / web_speicher

Where would I find that ?

6. till

This is an integral part of the framwork iteself as the forms are rendered automatically. You will have to change the whole framework for that. the interface framework is in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/* and in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/multidoc/*

7. thomas.jensen

thomas.jensen New Member

I did the nextbest thing.

I added a more detailed help to the following files:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/help/
    en_1014.hlp

--- ORIGINAL ---
    $hlp["user_speicher"] = "Please enter the storage space for the user.";

--- changed ---
    $hlp["user_speicher"] = "Please enter the storage space for the user.<BR>eg. 20 = 20MB <BR>-1 = unlimited";

Thanks again till.

New task. Is there a way to make only the admin enable og disable administrators for the individual domains/websites...

Or is this also a part of the framework ?