Clonezilla SE ?

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by hfrfc, Oct 18, 2008.

1. hfrfc

hfrfc New Member

Hi !

Maybe i think that it will be a good idea to have a HOWTO about Clonezilla Server Edition

This software is really great but it is quite complex as a standalone server with DRBL.

Clonezilla SE seems to be a great alternative to Ghost Suite and it's free :)

2. Chr.Raible

Chr.Raible New Member

I Request the same on the German Howtoforge, but no one made an tutorial.

It will be great if someone write it.

In hope

Chr.Raible

PS: If some have another great tutoril how to set up more then 40 PC´s parallel can tell me ;)

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

4. falko

5. hfrfc

hfrfc New Member

THANKS YOU very much Falko :p :p !

6. netphreak

netphreak New Member

Thank you for doing this howto!

But I find the preliminary information a little too short... One or two network cards? Etch as DHCP server, or external?

I did follow your guidance to the point, and I could not boot clients from PXE. Most likely because a Windows 2003 server handle DHCP, and the scope does not involve the 10 first IP addresses in the subnet (default in the "lazyness" script).

7. falko

I've tried this with one NIC and no DHCP server (except the one that comes with CloneZilla).

8. netphreak

netphreak New Member

Alright. Then it would help a lot of “newbies” (we are the ones actually following these howto’s, right ;)) if you update the howto with a little information on how you configured your NIC before starting the installation of DRBL /Clonezilla. And explaned that the server would fuction as a DHCP server.

I know you’re busy and thank you very much for all your effort – but since this is in the “begging forum” and all – it would be lovely if you could provide some guidance on how to use two NIC’s as well – so that you could have one for internet access and one for DHCP server/clients.

9. falko

I haven't tried this with two NICs, so I can't provide any details about such a setup right now.