ISPConfig 3.0.0.8 RC1 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Looks like we need a new Perfect Server Setup for ISPConfig3.
    Get to it Till :)
    Hopi, hopi.

Sam :D

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the installation instructions in the ispconfig 3 tar.gz, they contain every single setp needed to setup a ispconfig 3 server like the perfect setup guides.

3. odonel

odonel New Member

that setup is great till...

what we really need is a How To guide for ISPconfig 3. Some of us are using ISPconfig for the first time... heads-up before the release would be apreciated....

4. till

The howto guides for ISPConfig 3 are already included in the tar.gz file. They are comparable to the perfect setup guides, just for ISPConfig 3. Just follow exactly these guides and you will get ispconfig 3 running within a few minutes.

5. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Ahh...

The Good old (L)users manual.

Sam

6. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

isp3 install

I just built another server and wanted to try out the new isp3. Everything loaded beautifully and worked great until I added a website. I get an error and apache will not restart here is the error.

Suntax error on line 39 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/website.com.vhost: Invalid command 'FCGIWrapper' , perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

What do I need to do to rectify. Thank You in advance

7. till

You missed to install the fcgi apache module.

8. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

whats the best way to install it?

9. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

I did the fastcgi install it got rid of the previous error but gave me another to do with ispconfig panell :8080

Syntax error on line 20 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.vhost: Invalid command 'FCGIWrapper' , perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

10. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

Heres another one

Syntax error on line 20 /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.vhost: can't get fastcgi file info: /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/php-fcgi-starter(/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/php-fcgi-starter), errno:2

11. till

Your system is not installed correctly. Please reinstall your system and follow exactly the installation instructions which are included in the ispconfig 3 tar.gz to prevent these errors.

12. grungy

grungy Member

till,

1. My Mail traffic is not being generated, there is cron entry for cron_daily.sh (30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh > /dev/null 2>> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log). When I run sh cron_daily.sh the database gets updated and the mailbox traffic is generated....

2. I copied vhost.conf.master file to conf-custom/ directory and made some custom changes to it, but domains do not get generated with my custom changes. Am I missing something?

3. If you manually import a zone using mydnsimport utility (mydnsimport --axfr=server.com -r domain.com ), the zone shows up in the ispconfig control panel but it cannot be assigned to a user. You can assign it to a user but when you login as the user the zone is not displayed.

4. There is statistics showing mailbox traffic, how can I check the usage of disk and bandwidth per client?

5. I can see webalizer script is in cron, but conf files are not created for websites. Is this implemented at all?

6. It would be really great to have quotas for disk usage and bandwidth in client templates, do you plan to implement this?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  13. till

1, 2) Please post bugs to the bugtracker. Bugs posted in the forums odoes not get handled or solved.

3) You can not use this utility with ispconfig, its incompatible.

4) Thats not possible.

5) Yes. But there was a bug which got fixed in the meantime. Please checkout always the bugtraclker first before posting a bug.

6) No, not at the moment.

14. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

Hi there.

I was looking forward to move to a new server so when I saw that ISPCFG3 is coming closer to final I thought I could just wait until final, setup the new server with ISPCFG3 and "import" data and settigns from the old server running the latest ISPCFG2 version.

will anyone make a guide/how-to for exporting/importing from 2 to 3?

15. grungy

grungy Member

till,

I know you commit allot stuff to SVN, and I would like to be able to see the changes....is there a way to see the changelog at SVN?

16. till

The SVN changelog can be viewed with any svn client.

17. altaibskt

altaibskt New Member

hi there!

i tried to update from Version: 2.2.28 to ISPConfig 3.0.0.8 RC1
    i logged in as root and wrote this command
    and i got this eror

help plz...

18. till

Read the first post of this thread.

19. altaibskt

altaibskt New Member

i am still baby in the sector

u mean this
    Ok, if so how can i remove my ISPConfig 2:D

20. grungy

grungy Member

tnx till, figured it out - svn log -v svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk > changelog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.