ISPConfig 3.0.0.8 RC1 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

Till,
    I got it up and working unfortunately when I add a database to a website then click on database icon I get a 404 error in browser. Please advise

2. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

I have fixed that issue with not getting to the phpmyadmin login. I now can view login area and am asked a user name and password but when i enter it gives

#1045 - Access denied for user 'rbertalott_japeg'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

but if i don't put a password in the box it logs in to the main phpmyadmin database. Must be a setup issue.

By the way thank you for all your help.

3. grungy

grungy Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not possible. ISPConfig is a hosting control panel which has to deal with root permissions, thats why it uses a cronjob. If the permissions of the apache server were sufficient, it would not use cron.

5. grungy

grungy Member

tnx till for clarifying this for me. I reported a problem with mysql changing passwords not working. The task has been closed - http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=439&string=&project=3&search_name=&type[0]=1&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=closed&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=

But this is happening now on my second ispconfig server. This started happening after upgrade from svn.

6. grungy

grungy Member

The new password for mysql database is written to the database but not to mysql.

I think I figured it out, in the database 'mysql' there is a table 'users' with all the users that ispconfig has created.

there are two rows for each user, the difference is the host field, for example user nedim2:

host - %
    user - nedim2
    password - *6691484EA6B50DDDE1926A220DA01FA9E575C18A

host - localhost
    user - nedim2
    password - *6BB4837EB74329105EE4568DDA7DC67ED2CA2AD9

the password field should be the same but it is not!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  7. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

so whats the way to go if I want to move everything from a ISPCFG2 server to one running ISPCFG3? Any exports possible? or manually recreate everything?

8. grungy

grungy Member

I think this occures when Remote Access is enabled.

9. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

Like I said in my last post I have resolved the website issues they show the default index pages per domain. But when I try to access the phpmyadmin it gives me a 404 error saying page not found. is there an easy fix for this or some way to see if mysql is setup ok. everything else works beautiful.

10. sirius

sirius New Member

1. Has the ISPConfig integrated web file manager, backup manager like in 2-nd version?? I didn't find it. :(
    2. Somebody install ISPconfig 3 on FreeBSD 7.X?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  11. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, not yet.
    FreeBSD is not supported, so this will most likely not work.

12. ozzykiev

ozzykiev New Member

hello friends a the new one. i wanna ask to is it suitable for using in company? is it safe or i have to wait to ispconfig 3 final? comments pls...:confused:

13. ozzykiev

ozzykiev New Member

help

hello friends a the new one. i wanna ask to is it suitable for using in company? is it safe or i have to wait to ispconfig 3 final? comments pls...

14. rbertalott

rbertalott New Member

This is driving me up a wall i keep getting a 404 error when i click on the database icon within ispconfig 3 everything else works perfect just no phpmyadmin please guide me in the right direction.

15. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

I'd imho wait, as it is just an rc1. But you may already download, e.g. the vm or set it up on any system, test it with your needs and may thus beeing able to find any existing bugs faster for a final version to come earlier ;)

16. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please install the phpmyadmin package of your linux distribution and make sure that there is a symlink from /var/www/phpmyadmin to the directory where phpmyadmin is installed.

17. ozzykiev

ozzykiev New Member

ok guys i'm sorry about that. but i posted once but i didnt see my post than wrote again.

18. Master One

Master One New Member

I guess, now with ISPConfig 3 being that close to a release, it does not make any more sense to use ISPConfig 2 for a new installation.

I am yet to dive in on our new dedicated server, but I really would like to know, why courier was the preferred choice for ISPConfig 3, instead of dovecot. Looks like dovecot is the way to go nowadays.

In posting #15 it seems to be easy, to subsitute courier with dovecot, but I don't quite understand the last part with the config file, and on the other hand it is said, that dovecot will be supported by ISPConfig 3 in a later version.

So has anybody successfully installed dovecot instead of courier with ISPConfig 3, and can someone please post detailed instructions?

19. atrias

atrias New Member

In system there is a repository named "ISPconfig addon" which is disabled.
    When i try to enable it the admin web inteface becomes sluggish and it seems tha the repository does not work.
    What is going on?
    What is this repository used for?
    I run the virtual machine mentioned in the first post.

20. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

how about upgrading it from rc1 to 3.0.1 will there be a problem doing so??

I also have an recommendation but it probably was addressed as well on to have the mysql database's created by the system and the capabilities to change or renaming it...

Anyway great work guys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.