PHP Per Site Question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by impact1560, Jan 25, 2009.

1. impact1560

impact1560 New Member

Hello to all,

I'm trying to find out if each site can have their own php.ini file or better yet take control over what php model they need to have installed per site. Can this be done by dropping the php.ini file in each site? If so where would I place it at?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you use suphp you can have a php.ini per site. If you use mod_php you cna set php.ini values with the php_admin_value and php_admin_flag commands diectly in the apache directives field. For details of these commands please take a look at the php manual.

3. impact1560

impact1560 New Member

Thank you for your help but I'm still having problems with this. Is their any tutorials that show mw how to do this?

4. till

Do you use mod_php or suphp?

5. impact1560

impact1560 New Member

Accoridng to what I see in the tutorail (The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 11.1). I'm using apache2-mod_php5.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

7. zoseppe

zoseppe New Member

Hi there, this is my first post in this forum I am not sure I have to open a new post...anyway I have a similar problem: I tried to set a custom php.ini file for each domain I have and I followed this guide but it does not work. In my Apache error file I could read "Only first PHPINIDir directive honored per configuration tree - subsequent ones ignored". . I searched a lot but could not find a solution. I use Debian Lenny, Apache/2.2.9 (Debian), PHP 5.2.6. Any idea? tahnx in advance

8. till

And you are using mod_php or suphp?

9. zoseppe

zoseppe New Member

mmmm I have installed both libapache2-mod-php5 and libapache2-mod-suphp....maybe is this the problem? thanx for your reply :)

10. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

It happens also for me on 3.0.3 beta
    i switched page from suPHP to ModPHP, but then line
    PHPIniDir /var/www/conf/web4 appears in config and i cant change the site as it creates site domain.tld.vhost.err
    why this happens in ModPHP ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  11. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010