can't get the Talking SOAP With Exchange to work

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by eescudier, Jan 27, 2009.

1. eescudier

eescudier New Member

Hi,

I am trying to use the code samples in this HOWTO, but I have some problems.

print_r($client->__getFunctions());
    and
    print_r($client->__getTypes());

are working correctly, but I can't get anything else to work.

My Exchange server is running Exchange 2007

My PHP box is a somewhat old Ubuntu 6.1 with PHP 5

These are the kind of errors that I don't know what to do with :

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [Client] SoapSlient::__doRequest() returned non string value in /var/www/html/exch_eric/index.php:197 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call('FindFolder', Array) #1 /var/www/html/exch_eric/index.php(197): ExchangeNTLMSoapClient->FindFolder(Object(stdClass)) #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/exch_eric/index.php on line 197

Any Ideas ?

Thanks for any help.

Eric

2. ErikCederstrand

ErikCederstrand New Member

Hi Eric

The user bosco here on this site had the same. We mailed back and forth and concluded it was a SOAP XML-generation issue but I don't know if he found a solution.

Erik

3. eescudier

eescudier New Member

Could you tell us wich platform (OS version and PHP version) you used for your HOWTO ?
    Maybe this way it will be easier for me to get it to work.

Thanks in advance

Eric

4. ErikCederstrand

I'm running on FreeBSD 7.1 with PHP 5.2.8 with SOAP and CURL extensions.

5. eescudier

eescudier New Member

Unbuntu 8.10

I installed a Ubuntu 8.10 server vith PHP 5.2.6, SOAP and CURL extensions and everything works fine... :D

Thanks for your help.

Eric

6. ErikCederstrand

I'm glad to hear that. I've had some other replies to the howto, but you're the first user I've heard about who actually got it to work :)

7. jmclen

jmclen New Member

This may help

If you followed the instructions like me and got this problem it is probably due to an authentication issue. The reason everything else doesn't work is because the first 2 commands are simply reading your local xml file.

In my case, I had a test exchange server that did not have a valid certificate.
    In the NTLMSoapClient class, I had to add:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);

and again in the createBuffer function in the NTLMStream class I had to add:

curl_setopt($this->ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
    curl_setopt($this->ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);

Obviously in a production environment you want valid certificates, but maybe this will help you out.

8. eoasis

eoasis New Member

Using work-around throws error

Trying the work-around where Services.wsdl is stored locally and the

<wsdl:service name="ExchangeServices">

is added. Also messages.xsd and types.xsd are stored locally.

I'm getting this error:

PHP Fatal error: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing Schema: can't import schema from '/home/ews/messages.xsd'

9. eoasis

eoasis New Member

Exchange 2007 SOAP PHP examples working

I switched to ubuntu server 8.10, upgraded to PHP 5.2.8, did an apt-get upgrade php-soap, and upgraded curl to version 7.18.2

Here are the steps I followed after upgrading:

1. I grabbed the Services.wsdl, Types.xsd, and Messages.xsd directly from the exchange server and placed them locally.
    2. Added the "ExchangeServiceBinding" to the Services.wsdl file per Erik Cerstand's excellent original post.
    3. Renamed the Services.wsdl, Types.xsd, and Messages.xsd to all lower case so they could be found.

I can get all the examples working from Erik's excellent blog post.

However, I believe there is some kind of a PHP-SOAP parsing error because when trying to do a "CreateItem" for e-mail, I'm unable to properly specify both the <Body> tag and it's attribute <Body BodyType="Text"> in PHP so that the parser formats it correctly.

Has anyone gotten "CreateItem" for e-mail to work? Can you post the PHP example code?

And Thanks! Erik for the original example!

10. jmclen

jmclen New Member

UpdateItem

I've gotten just about everything else to work except UpdateItem. Has anyone gotten this working?

11. eoasis

eoasis New Member

Check your date ranges if failing schema validation

What error message are you getting? Check the date ranges you are passing and make sure, for example, you don't pass an invalid date range. For example, Feb. only has 28 days so if you pass this it will fail schema validation:

$FindItem->CalendarView->EndDate = "2008-02-31T00:00:00Z";

12. jmclen

jmclen New Member

UpdateItem

My problem is not with FindItem, it is with UpdateItem. If anyone has a working example I would love to see it. The error I'm getting is regarding the Path not being defined. I've been trying to find this in the schema, but haven't yet.

13. eoasis

eoasis New Member

Please post the php for UpdateItem

Sorry for not reading more carefully. Can you post the PHP snippet you are using to form the UpdateItem request?

14. jmclen

jmclen New Member

UpdateItem

What I really need to see is a working example. I've tried many things and keep getting the message "Uncaught SoapFault exception: [Client] SOAP-ERROR: Encoding: object hasn't 'Path' property".

an example of the code I've tried would be:
    $client = new ExchangeNTLMSoapClient($wsdl);
    $UpdateItem->ConflictResolution = "AutoResolve";
    $UpdateItem->ItemChanges->ItemChange->ItemId->Id = $itemid;
    $UpdateItem->ItemChanges->ItemChange->ItemId->ChangeKey = $changekey;
    $UpdateItem->ItemChanges->ItemChange->Updates->SetItemField->Subject = $newsubject;
    $result = $client->UpdateItem($UpdateItem);

Again, I've manage to find items, create and delete items. This is the last one for me to tackle and I just haven't seen any examples of it.

Thank You,
    Jesse

15. eoasis

eoasis New Member

Are you missing required attribute MessageDisposition?

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa580254.aspx

What happens when you also add the MessageDisposition attribute?

//MessageDisposition is one of:
    //SaveOnly The item is updated and saved back to its current folder.
    // SendOnly The item is updated and sent but no copy is saved.
    //SendAndSaveCopy The item is updated and a copy is saved in the folder // identified by the SavedItemFolderId element.

$UpdateItem->MessageDisposition = "SaveOnly";

Also, if you got CreateItem to work, I'm completely stumped on that one. Here's my PHP code which will send a message with a blank body. But as soon as I add the body text, I get a schema error.

$CreateItem->MessageDisposition = "SendAndSaveCopy";
    $CreateItem->SavedItemFolderId->DistinguisedFolderId->Id = "sentitems";
    $CreateItem->Items->Message->ItemClass = "IPM.Note";
    $CreateItem->Items->Message->Subject = "My Subject";
    $CreateItem->Items->Message->Body->BodyType = "Text";

// Adding this line for the body throws schema error

$CreateItem->Items->Message->Body = "Body Text";

Thanks,
    Blaine

16. jmclen

jmclen New Member

UpdateItem

Are you getting UpdateItem to work for you? Adding the MessageDisposition hasn't helped any. If you've been able to update any item, even one field, I would love to see how you did it.

Thanks for your help

17. jmclen

jmclen New Member

I will also look at your CreateItem example and see what happens to me. I haven't tried populating the body of a message yet. I will let you know what happens when I do.

18. eoasis

eoasis New Member

CreateItem just needs to properly pass PHP-Soap attribute

In looking at your problem, I did solve my CreateItem blunder in passing attributes to PHP-Soap.

Here is the code snippet that works.

//Create array to pass attributes and value for PHP-Soap

$CreateItem->Items->Message[$i]->Body[_] = "BODY TEXT";
    $CreateItem->Items->Message[$i]->Body['BodyType'] = "Text";

//Results in <ns1:Body BodyType="Text">BODY TEXT</ns1:Body>

I'll look at your UpdateItem next

Thanks,
    Blaine

19. eoasis

eoasis New Member

UpdateItem PHP-Soap Error Encoding: object hasn't 'Path' property

Jesse - I thought this error indicated that attribute "FieldURI" was not set. But I added this and I also get the "Path" error above.

Try variations of FieldURI in your code in case I'm doing something else wrong:

$UpdateItem->ItemChanges->ItemChange->Updates->SetItemField->FieldURI = "item:Subject";

20. jmclen

jmclen New Member

UpdateItem

Every variation I've tried yields the same result. If I specify Path in the array, then I get a different error about Path being abstract. Have you had any different luck?