Ubuntu + ISPConfig intranet

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pras, Feb 9, 2009.

1. pras

pras New Member

Hello,
    You have a perfect tool!!!
    I have a question. I have a Ubuntu 8.10 server (setup ok with http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-8.10). I also install the ISPConfig OK. I have to inform that this server is into an intranet (hosting a site).
    I want to build a site (Joomla 1.5.9) and have access from the intranet and from internet only for configuration reasons. (via DYNDNS).
    Is it a HOWTO guide that shows the way for that. My server's name is "Websrv" and the site's name (for example) is "joomla".
    I have access to the ISPConfig from intranet but not from internet.
    Sorry for my pure English.
    Thanks
    :)
    I can see the ISPConfig page and the apache test page and make ftp to my server only locally. I cant see my server via Dyndns.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. pras

pras New Member

Hello till!
    Thanks but through intranet I can see the ISPConfig and my server. The problem is when I try to reach my server from internet(dyndns account). To be more spesific....:
    Server name "websrv"
    Intranet domain "school.gr"
    I make forwards to my ADSL router for TCP ports 80,21,81, to my servers ip "192.168.1.100"
    Have the dyndns account (for example) "ola.ftp.com"
    Set OK the DynDNS account to my router.
    Create a client in ISPConfig "school"
    Create a site in ISPConfig "joomla" --> "joomla.gr"
    Through intranet (another pc in the intranet) I can log in to ISPConfig and make everything.
    Through internet (via the "ola.ftp.com:81") I cant see anything.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks again

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The domain + hostname name of the dyndns account has to be the same then the domain + hostname of the website.

5. pras

pras New Member

Sorry I dont understand you...
    The dyndns is "ola.ftp.com"
    The domain and website how must be?
    I am confussed
    Is it any HOWTO for intranet setup with dyndns support for internet access?
    Thanks

6. pras

pras New Member

Could you please make an example... like that:
    1. PC (ubuntu server) Hostname: Server1 (During the ubuntu installation)
    2. Server IP: 192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0,192.168.1.1
    3. Then edit server's hosts (/etc/hosts) like : server1.school.com
    4. Port forward to ADSL router (80, 81, 21, etc).
    5. Create a Dyndns account (Here comes the problem)for example "school.ftp.org" Correct??
    6. Create a client into the ISPConfig (correct?) Please write an example to work with the previous settings.
    7. Create a site into ISPConfig(correct?)Please write an example to work with the previous settings.
    Now the site and ISPConfig is accesible through intranet and internet (via dyndns account)
    Please advice..
    Thank you and sorry for your time!

7. pras

pras New Member

Hello again,
    I believe that this post have the answer for me http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22036
    I will test it and I will get back!
    Thank you and sorry again for your time loss!
    Please kindly like to ask if you can make a tutorial (HOWTO) for us the "poor" people who like to install ISPConfig for intranet (Dyndns) and have access also from internet.
    Its a matter of education! (School)
    kind regards

8. pras

pras New Member

Hello again Till,
    Please advice about the domain + hostname with an example.
    I am sorry for your time loss.

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What exactly is the problem?

10. pras

pras New Member

Hello Falko,
    I have installed ok Ubuntu (hostname: websrv, hosts: www.tzoustoukaki.com, ip: 192.168.1.100, port forward OK 80,81)
    I have dyndns "tsakis.ath.cx". I create a client in ispconfig "Costas". I create a site in ispconfig with hostname:tsakis and domain:ath.cx
    I test the website through intranet with "http://tsakis.ath.cx" and everything is OK. When I try the "http://tsakis.ath.cx" through internet (from an internet cafe) nothing happens. I think I have a problem with DNS. I dont know much.
    Thanks
    I believe that I am missing something in the configuration but I dont know what.... If you can advice step by step..... you will be great!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  11. pras

pras New Member

Hi again... Everything now is OK. The problem was that the port 80 was blocked by the provider. I use another port now to see from the internet the ISPConfig site.
    Thanks