ISPConfig 3.0.0.9 RC2 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Feb 15, 2009.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.0.0.9 RC2 is available for download. This release is
    the first release candidate for the upcoming ISPConfig 3.0.1 final.

ISPConfig 3 is a new Hosting Control Panel rewritten from scratch. ISPConfig 3
    is not a direct update for ISPConfig 2. Do not install it on a ISPConfig 2 server.

Features of ISPConfig 3 compared to ISPConfig 2
    -----------------------------------------------------

- Support for virtual mail users
    - Support for virtual FTP Users
    - Support for multiple Servers
    - Support for splitting of services to multiple servers
    (Database, web, FTP and DNS can be on different servers).

Download
    -----------------------------------------------------

The software itself can be downloaded here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.0.9-rc2.tar.gz

ISPConfig 3.0.0.9 rc2 is also available as ready to run VMWare virtual
    machine based on Debian 5.0.

Download of the VMWare image:

http://www.applianceforge.com/appliance/19 (approx. 650 MB)

When you run the vmware image the first time you will be asked to keep
    or create a MAC address. Select "keep", otherwise the networking wont work.

The root password of the VM is set to "ispconfig", the IP address is
    192.168.0.105 and has to be reconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces
    to meet your network requirements. The ISPconfig Interface login is:

http://192.168.0.105:8080/

User = admin
    Password = admin.

Changes:
    --------------------------------------

- Many bugs had been fixed, see bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/ind...rom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=&do=index

For a detailed changelog, please have a look at the SVN history with a SVN client of your choice:

svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk/

Known Issues:

Please have a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting

Please report bugs to the ISPConfig bugtracking system:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

Supported Linux Distributions
    -----------------------------
    - Debian Etch (4.0) and Debian Lenny (5.0)
    - Ubuntu 7.10 - 8.10
    - OpenSuSE 11 (experimental)
    - CentOS 5.2 (experimental)
    - Fedora 9 (experimental)

Installation
    --------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig can be found in the text files (named INSTALL_*.txt)
    which are inside the ISPConfig-3.0.0.9-rc2.tar.gz file.

Update
    --------------------

To update existing ISPConfig 3 installations, run this command on the shell:

ispconfig_update_from_svn.sh

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. thomas.jensen

thomas.jensen New Member

- Support for multiple Servers ?

Is it possible to move a customer (with all his og her sites) to a different server og just a site from one server to another ?

3. till

No, you can not move sites from one server to another in the current releases.

4. ddouma

ddouma New Member

Maybe 2 stupid questions

- Support for virtual mail users
    - Support for virtual FTP Users

Doesn't ISPconfig2 already have the options to create ftp users and mailusers? :p

Second; does anyone have a screenshot or working demo for ISPconfig3?

5. till

ISPConfig 2 uses linux system users for email and ftp and not virtual users.

6. grungy

grungy Member

I guess this news was not sent out to the Newsletter?

Till, I remember you saying a change freeze is present, am I missing something, because of following in change log:

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    r942 | redray | 2009-02-16 23:12:36 +0000 (Mo, 16 Feb 2009) | 1 line
    Ge?nderte Pfade:
       M /trunk/install/sql/ispconfig3.sql

Added some Data to the new Tables
    r941 | redray | 2009-02-16 22:58:40 +0000 (Mo, 16 Feb 2009) | 3 lines
    Ge?nderte Pfade:
       M /trunk/install/sql/ispconfig3.sql

Fixed and optimized DB-Datatypes
    Added new DB-Tables for domain-management and billing

7. till

Yes, we have a feature freeze and I did not recognize these submits yet. These changes will be removed from SVN.

8. mathieu

mathieu New Member

Update v2 to v3

I've choice ISPConfig to manage my server but I'm in front of a big question, I can't stand for a version 3 stable and version 2 is good but I wanna keep my server up to date to newest thing you'll develop. Can you confirm to me an update to switch from v2 to v3 final release in the futur?

Thanks
    Math

9. till

ISPConfig 2 and not be updated to ispconfig 3, even in future because they have totatlly different system requirements. But there might be a migration script available later, but this will not be an update, its a script to migrate to a new server.

10. bl4ckb1rd

bl4ckb1rd New Member

For now it's not a good idea to switch from old ispconfig 2 to 3, cuz 3 has many bugs. Many things dont work as should, or are questionable. Not to mention crashes of control panel becouse of ajax etc... so it's not a good idea to switch for now. But yeah virtualisation is one of major improovements, since old fashion adding of users is like centuries old... nobody does that in such way anymore.

11. till

I guess you have some problems that are specific to your installation. ISPConfig is very stable already and has no critical bugs and I know already several internet providers which use ISPConfig 3 sucessfully in production enviroments. Nevertheless is ISPConfig 2 the current stable release and recommended for production use.

12. bl4ckb1rd

bl4ckb1rd New Member

No, no, Till. I'm talking about bugs like reseller being able to add email domains for all clients in the system instead for his own only... then we have this ajax bug, sometimes control panel just stalls and then you get Location: index.php text (if you were in middle of adding email for example it can break your /var/vmail, cuz folders for box weren't made properly...)... Also config generation for apache and suphp is broken too. Needs manual change in php file to make it work... (it's a typo in code) If they use it in production enviroments, then they had to modify/patch it, to remove all the issues it has by default... unfortunately... And btw i use latest version from svn.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  13. till

Others seem not to encounter your problems. If you post your issues in the bugtracker, we will reveiw it. If not, they will stay in the sources and dont get fixed. Bugs that are not in the bugtracker until the end of the week will ot get fixed in the final release.

14. thaibinhtt

thaibinhtt New Member

Hi Till,
    I have a problem. I downloaded VMWare image frome http://www.applianceforge.com/appliance/19 (approx. 650 MB), which you offered. I can log in with url http://VMWare_IP:8080, but I can't login with url: http://WMWare_IP:81 to ISPConfig system.

Here is output of command netstat -tap
    Code:
    ispconfig:/# netstat -tap
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name   
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10024         *:*                     LISTEN     2131/amavisd (maste 
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10025         *:*                     LISTEN     2975/master         
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN     2193/mysqld         
    tcp        0      0 localhost:spamd         *:*                     LISTEN     2255/spamd.pid      
    tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN     1882/portmap        
    tcp        0      0 *:auth                  *:*                     LISTEN     2915/inetd          
    tcp        0      0 *:2675                  *:*                     LISTEN     3066/rpc.statd      
    tcp        0      0 192.168.3.190:domain    *:*                     LISTEN     3061/mydns          
    tcp        0      0 localhost:domain        *:*                     LISTEN     3061/mydns          
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     2988/pure-ftpd (SER 
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     2975/master         
    tcp6       0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     2882/couriertcpd    
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN     2906/couriertcpd    
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     2892/couriertcpd    
    tcp6       0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     2870/couriertcpd    
    tcp6       0      0 *:webcache              *:*                     LISTEN     3120/apache2        
    tcp6       0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     3120/apache2        
    tcp6       0      0 ip6-localhost:domain    *:*                     LISTEN     3061/mydns          
    tcp6       0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     2988/pure-ftpd (SER 
    tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     3010/sshd           
    tcp6       0      0 ::ffff:192.168.7.12:ssh ::ffff:192.168.7.1:2295 ESTABLISHED4036/0              
    ispconfig:/# 
    How I can solve the problem ?

Thanks,
    thaibinhtt

15. till

There is no problem. ISPConfig 3 runs on port 8080 and not port 81.

16. atjensen11

atjensen11 New Member

If I install a Release Candidate version now, what will the upgrade path look like when the final stable release version comes out?

Will I loose any data that I create with RC?

Will the stable version come with an upgrade script or utility? Or will I have to uninstall the RC and reinstall the stable?

It looks very promising and I am excited to test it on my system.

Thanks.

17. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

There's already an update script. Simply run
    Code:
    ispconfig_update_from_svn.sh

18. linuxuser1

linuxuser1 New Member

Would it be possible now to move my current users/domain/web/configration from ISPConfig 2 to the current version 3.0? on Debian 5.0. ISPConfig 2.0 is curently on Debian 4.0 while an installing Debian 5.0 right now.

Thanks.

19. till

The configuration of ispconfig 2 and 3 are not compatible with each other. If you want to migrate to ispconfig 3 you would have to create evers website, user etc. manually in ispconfig 3 and then copy the html and script files from the old website directory to the enw website directory.

20. linuxuser1

linuxuser1 New Member

Thanks Till. Got Debian 5.00 and ISPConfig 3.0.9 working in less than 45 minutes. What a great improvement as compared to ISPConfig 2.0. Well Done. Still finding my way round ISPConfig 3.0.

Thanks.