special ftp users

Discussion in 'General' started by blocker, Feb 12, 2009.

1. blocker

blocker Member

Hello,

is there a way to create some special ftp users.
    I need ftp users which FTP home directory is absolutely clean - no . files no folders e.t.c. These users are also not required to have e-mail login or other extra account features - only FTP with clean start directory. The home directory is also not important, it will be enough if the users are in the "web" folder when they first login to their ftp account.
    I was thinking how to achieve that... Is it possible to change the start directory of an FTP account?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to create the ftp users manually.

3. tchouk

tchouk New Member

What is the best of creating the user manually? I mean so that ISPconfig doesn't delete it by mistake or something.

I need a user with access to a specific directory inside '/web' and only that directory tree.

4. till

You can use the useradd or the adduser command to create linux system users. ISPConfig is not dekleting users that were not magad by ispconfig.

5. tchouk

tchouk New Member

This would be best left as a virtual user. Can I edit the users created by ISPconfig in some way?

6. till

No. And ISPConfig 2 uses sytsme users and not virtual users, so you have to craete system users as well as the setup does not support virtual users.