VHost Problems...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Karnith, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Karnith

Karnith New Member

I seem to be having an interesting problem with ISPconfig 3 and the virtual directories...

I have up loaded my site and it uses CSS. The css can't seem to load the pictures. Here is what the error log for the web has....

[Sat Feb 21 04:30:18 2009] [error] [client 87.232.56.188] File does not exist: /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/new-hp/images/new/border-right.gif, referer: http://silvershard.emunited.com/new-hp/css/newhp_layout.css
    [Sat Feb 21 04:30:18 2009] [error] [client 87.232.56.188] File does not exist: /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/new-hp/images/new/border-top.gif, referer: http://silvershard.emunited.com/new-hp/css/newhp_layout.css
    [Sat Feb 21 04:30:18 2009] [error] [client 87.232.56.188] File does not exist: /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/new-hp/images/new/border-bot.gif, referer: http://silvershard.emunited.com/new-hp/css/newhp_layout.css

as you can see, when the css is run, it looks for the physical directory and does not use dir web as root. the files are there and I have even chmodded to 777. It seems to be following the wrong path.

also, it seems that .httaccess is not allowed

[Thu Feb 12 07:33:03 2009] [alert] [client 87.232.56.188] /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/.htaccess: Options not allowed here
    [Thu Feb 12 07:33:03 2009] [alert] [client 87.232.56.188] /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/.htaccess: Options not allowed here
    [Thu Feb 12 07:33:10 2009] [alert] [client 87.232.56.188] /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/.htaccess: Options not allowed here, referer: http://silvershard.emunited.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&client=0

does any one know what the cause could be?

Should I scrap ISPCONFIG 3 for my hosting platform and go with the normal ISPCONFIG?

Thanks,

Karnith

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This has nothing to do with ISPConfig 2 or 3. Your problem occurs because you use options in your .htaccess file that are not allowed for security reasons. Either you configure your apache to allow everything in a .htaccess file which I do not recommend or you move the options that yre not allowed from the .htaccess file to the apache directives field of the website in ispconfig.

3. Karnith

Karnith New Member

ok, I can remove the .htacces file as it is just used for the error pages. It still doesn't explain why my css looks ath the full path /var/... instaead of starting at the /web dir that is the root of the site. Any solution for this problem?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Where exactly are the images located, if they are not in /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/new-hp/images/new/? Can you go to that directory and post the output of
    Code:
    ls -la
    ?

Regarding the .htaccess issue, you can add something like this to the Apache Directives field:
    Code:
    <Directory /var/www/silvershard.emunited.com/web/>
      AllowOverride all
    </Directory>

5. Karnith

Karnith New Member

Well, this is the wierd thing...

I tested the site in xamp, and it works just fine. I checked the images it was trying to load, tey arn't there. There not on the xamp server either, but it still loads fully.

The url is http://silvershard.emunited.com if you want to have a look. Could it only be parsing until the errors and then stoping?

thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  6. falko

The URL's not working for me ("Address not found" in Firefox).

7. Karnith

Karnith New Member

8. falko

The page and the images are loading fine for me.

9. Karnith

Karnith New Member

The site looks like this in the notshowing jpg when the site should look like this in the showing.jpg

[​IMG]

The first screen shot (notshowing.jpg) is from the apache2 server with ispconfig.

[​IMG]

The second is from my xampp development server.

As you can see, the css is not rendering on apache2 with ispconfig. It is rendering with my dev server though..

Why is this happening? How could I find out?

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  10. Karnith

Karnith New Member

Could this be because php is not fully active in the ispconfig setup? I'm stumped...

11. falko

In which css file did you specify the background image, and what's the filename of the image so that I can check myself?

12. Karnith

Karnith New Member

There are many css files as the background can be chossen. The one that should be default is /new-hp/templates/The%20Burning%20Crusade/layout.css

ad the css is

Code:
    /* 

World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade

*/

body { background: #000 url('page-bg.jpg') repeat-x center 0; color: #000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;    font-size: 12px; padding: 0; margin: 0; }

#hpWrapper { display: table-row; background: url('menu-bg.jpg') repeat-y 65px 0; }

#nav{ width: 157px;  background: url('page-bg.jpg') repeat-x 0 0; position:relative; }

#leftMenu { margin-top: 39px; position: relative; right: -11px; }

#header, .logo-container, .logo-right, .gryph-container, .gryph-z, #main-nav { display: none; }

#wow-logo { background: url('wowlogo-front.gif') no-repeat; position:relative; top:-3px; left:-28px;  width: 252; height: 103; }

div.page-bg-top { background: url('page-bg-top.jpg') repeat; height: 88px; position: relative; width: 100%; }

img.statue-left { width: 243; height: 445; position: absolute; top: -445px; left: -243px; background-image: url('statue-left.jpg'); }

#ne-top-left { background: url('ne-top-left.jpg') no-repeat; position: absolute; top: -86px; left: -314px; height: 346px; width: 264px; }

#ne-center { background: url('ne-center.jpg') no-repeat; position: absolute; top: -86px; left: -50px; height: 578px; width: 64px; }

#ne-bottom-left { background: url('ne-bottom-left.jpg') no-repeat; position: absolute; top: 260px; left: -176px; height: 126px; width: 144px; }

#ne-nav-bg { background: url('ne-nav-bg.jpg') no-repeat; position: absolute; top: -36px; left: 11px; height: 546px; width: 146px; }

#ironFrame { display: block; height: 20px; background: black url('ironframe-bg.jpg') repeat-x top; position: relative; border: 0; width:100%; left: 0; z-index: 0; }

#ironFrame { margin-top: -2px; }

.blizz-logo  { position: absolute; bottom: 22px; left: 50%; margin-left: -47px; }

#marginal { width: 226px; margin-left: -1px; }

#main-bottom div { height: 41px; background: url('../../images/layout/frame_bottom-left.jpg') no-repeat top left; }

#main-bottom div div { height: 41px; background: url('../../images/layout/frame_bottom-right.jpg') no-repeat top right; }

#main-bottom { height: 41px; margin-bottom: -16px; width: auto; background: url('../../images/layout/frame_bottom-bg.jpg') repeat-x 0 0; z-index: 100; }

#copyright { display: block; position: relative; top: 75px; left: auto;	color: #8e8e8e; }

img.blizzylogo  { background: url('../../images/new/bot-blizzlogo.gif'); height: 57; width: 97; }

div div div#blizzlogo-bot { position: relative; display: block; text-align: center; top: -61px;	background: none; z-index: 500; }

13. falko

Have you tried to use full paths (Starting from the document root) in the CSS file?
    For example, if your docroot is /var/www/web1/web, and page-bg-top.jpg is in /var/www/web1/web/images/, you can use

Code:
    background: url('/images/page-bg-top.jpg');
    in the CSS file.

14. Karnith

Karnith New Member

I'll look into it. I thought I did that.... thanks.