ISPConfig 3: How do I insert my NS records into MyDNS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Mentor, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Mentor

Mentor New Member

Hi:

I am am baffled and mystified. I have trawled the web and I have drawn a blank. Now I am desperate to solve my last battle with ISPConfig 3:

I have a hosting platform to which I wish to add two name servers - I have two IP's and have registered two NS records - NS1 and NS2 - for my domain.

I have completed the Server Config and added my two NS servers - it doesn't work. My CTLD registrar rejects my efforts to register domains telling me that they cannot resolve the NS records to my IP addresses. So that is very troublesome.

Please could someone help - this has been occupying my mind for the last couple of days and nights and I need to move on!! Thank you so much!!

Regards,

Mentor :(

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you use the dns wizard to create your dns records and ill in all fields, then the dns record is created will all needed ns records etc automatically. If you created the record for your domain manaully, then delete it and use the wizard to create it again.

3. Mentor

Mentor New Member

Hi Till:

Thank you - that works just fine. May I suggest that the manual option be removed? It would save a lot of aggravation for newbies like me - though struggle is not a bad thing - gets us on an accelerated learning curve!! Which is good - means we can enjoy our weekends more.

Cheers,

Mentor :)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The manual option is neded for configuraing more advanced dns setups.