Virtualization With Xen 3.3.1 On Debian Etch

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by JeanLuc, Feb 15, 2009.

1. JeanLuc

JeanLuc New Member

Hi Falco,

thanks for your tutorial. I followed it, but guest from diskimages hang in the boot process. I think the problem is here:

I tried to load the module, but it isn't there. How can I compile it or where can i get i from?

Greetings

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc New Member

ok, loop wasn't a problem, but the guest doesn't boot and stop right after "IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver"

i'll try another guest kernel and keep you update

ok, here my update, i used the xen kernel from lenny to boot the guest and it worked.
    With xm console it worked but stopped here
    I don't get a login shell but with ssh i can connect to the guest. but there is still a problem that the xm console doesn't work properly.

update2:

in the logfile of xen-create-image i've found these warnings
    ok, that's all not a problem with xen, so not a probem with this tut

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

How did you create the guest (I need the exact xen-create-image command), and what's in the guest configuration file in /etc/xen/?

4. romer3r

romer3r New Member

Hi Falko.

If you have VMs on Xen, like WinXP or Ubuntu Desktop, can you access this VM from thin clients ???

I am new on this about Virtualization.

Regards.

5. falko

How do you mean that? Can you give some more details?

6. romer3r

romer3r New Member

VMs & ThinClients

Falko,

I want to use thin clients like devonit TC2 ThinClient to connect with the VMs on XenServer in order to eliminate leased PC that i have.

Regards.

7. falko

So you want to have the desktop in a vm on Xen? I've never done anything like that, so I can't tell how to make this work.