ISPConfig 2.2.30 released

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Mar 19, 2009.

1. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

The problem as I see it is that the file permissions by default are set to www-data (user and group). I'd have to do some reading up on WebDAV to see if that is expected behavior but I'd expect it not to bee due to security concerns.

Right now any user I give WebDAV can make changes to the website and I'd seriously want to limit that.

Having said that I absolutely like the feature and expect to use it extensively - just not in it's current form

2. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

Totally agree..
    I've been waiting for webDAV support since i'm using ISPC and i'm happy for it , but it is not much usable now...
    it needs to be isolated dir as /var/www/webXX/web/wedav
    or per user /var/www/webXX/user/USERNAME directory

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Possible bug in ISPConfig 2.2.30 | double co-domains are possible

Hi Till & Falko,
    It might be possible that there is a bug in ISPConfig 2.2.30, because it is possible to add more then one co-domain with the same name (domain.tld).

For example: for the domainname www.domain.tld, the co-domain domain.tld (without www) has been created correctly, but i can add that co-domain twice or even more then that. Although, the co-domains have the same name, they can be deleted individually. In stead of this behaviour, there should be an error message which says that the domain name already exists.

Can you have a look at this?

Thanks in advance!

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Why don't you enable WebDAV just for the admin user? :confused:

5. falko

I've added this to the bugtracker. (But I didn't change anything in that part of the code since 2.2.29... :confused:)

6. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Because this is functionality that is much easier to use than FTP and can be used to enable users to collaborate on docs etc.

I know that there is an extension to OpenOffice that enables you so save directly to one of the cloud solutions out on the market.

Bottom line is that in order to use the full potential of WebDAV functionality in my opinion you'd have to make it usable for multiple users with various levels of access to the system.

7. lano

lano Member

Maybe this will help you :)

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=178225#post178225

8. lubos

lubos New Member

As usual no problem with update on 2 servers, thanks boys.

9. nandelbosc

nandelbosc New Member

Hi,

the same problem with redirects of madmucho in ubuntu 8.10 and upgrade from 2.2.27 to 2.2.30

I changed the line what falko said...

... but now, I need to reinstall (run ./setup) another time to take effect? My all redirects will be like before?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  10. nandelbosc

nandelbosc New Member

No problem about that, I changed all my redirects by hand :p

11. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

What file do you need to do that in again? I see an old redirect still being triggered even though I changed the re-direct in the panel...

12. nandelbosc

nandelbosc New Member

I edited /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf and restart ISPConfig

13. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

The different chown

Hello with all, I a thing with this topics, the permissions of files is you files, have would like to add also to look at, because I have just made the test under Vista on a site, which functions impeccably, but the only thing which is one can strange, it there with a concern when, when I connect myself in ftp, the chown am not webX_test.webX but www-data.www-dated, it there with a concern not?

To excuse to me my English.

MM:confused::confused:

14. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is this release supported on CentOS 5.3?

15. falko

Yes, it is. :)