Transport on Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by clark61, Apr 2, 2009.

1. clark61

clark61 New Member

Hi all,
    I have made a server as http://howtoforge.com/virtual-users-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-squirrelmail-debian-lenny, and it works very fine, now I have to go a step further ie so that emails are redirected to another mail server reading the howto the necessary function is supplyed by transport (example.com smtp:mail.anotherdomain.tld Delivers all emails for example.com via smtp to the server mail.anotherdomain.com)
    and follow this instruction I put in mail data base this:
    INSERT INTO `transport` (`domain`, `transport`) VALUES ('mydomain.com', 'smtp:webmail.otherdomain.it');
    ok but if for example i send a mail to [email protected] and the user [email protected] doesn't exist on this server but exist on server webmail.otherdomain.it in my syslog appears:
    Apr 2 09:49:36 adelaide postfix/smtpd[6768]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.somedomain.info[xxx.xx.xxx.xx]: 450 4.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.somedomain.it>
    Apr 2 09:49:37 adelaide postfix/smtpd[6768]: disconnect from mail.somedomain.info[xxx.xx.xxx.xx]
    but if I put in the user table [email protected] without password and even without creating the maildir /home/vmai/mydomain.com/clark the mail is redirected correctly.
    Perhaps I misundertood, but I thought that if you redirect all mail for a certain domain to another it should do anyway and then the other server will check whether the user exists.
    What do I fail?
    Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you now
    My best regards

2. bukva

bukva New Member

i've added user and server to transports table and set smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient to no in /etc/postfix/main.cf

3. clark61

clark61 New Member

Hi Bukva,
    First many thanks.
    Why also the user? is it not the same as adding the address in mail table?
    Furthermore how did you add the user to transport table? as if it were a domain and then SMTP:newdomain?

4. bukva

bukva New Member

sorry, i meant user mail like
    INSERT INTO `mail`.`transport` (
    `domain` ,
    `transport`
    )
    VALUES (
    '[email protected]', 'smtp:secondmailserver.domain.com'
    );

and this user does not exist in table 'users'

5. clark61

clark61 New Member

Hi Bukva,
    I tried to include only the domain in transport, and to change the main.cf adding smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = no and seems to work well.
    I thank you very much.

6. rieschl

rieschl New Member

hi

i have a similar question to topic, but not with transport table but users/forwarding.
    is it possible to create a user account (in users table) and forward messages to another email-address at the same time?
    can i choose between 'keep and forward' and 'forward only'?

is it possible to have a mailbox, but the option to forward mails or keep and forward, without removing the user mailbox.

putting the email-address to users table and forward table at the same time doesn't work, the entry in "forward" is ignored.

thanks for your help!

cheers,
    thomas

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm not sure about this one. I guess, instead of using the forward table, you can use maildrop to forward emails.