Need help ... so many things don't know where to start...

Discussion in 'General' started by carlosmcruz, Apr 9, 2009.

1. carlosmcruz

carlosmcruz New Member

Hi everyone,

First of all wishes of a nice easter for all of you guys.

Since my english is not the very best sorry for any mistakes :)

I've been trying to install a server with a good control panel for almost one week and give up on many panels that are there on the net choosing ispconfig 3 on the end. However... there is always something to give me an headeck...

I follow the instructions on the Perfect server... Debian and almost done all with sucess, but ofcourse only almost... :( ...

For now I'm managing the DNS outside at the registrar and intend to move it to our facilities soon.

After several forum's readings I had everything working on web, ftp and emails and the only thing I detected was that internal I can access the configuration GUI 192.168.1.100:8080 but externaly I can't... I checked firewall on the server, firewall on the router and nat and everything is well done, so my first question is really how can I access it externaly?

The last question really wasn't a big issue for me since I have VNC connection to my network but another issues appear that I can't really solve...

This afternoon, due a failure on our UPS system the server reboot for the first time... After a while when I try to connect to it the ispconfig was not working!

I access the GUI xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 but it retrives an simple phrase after login showing "Error"!

Before I decide to post here I read some foruns and then it all seem easy, just go to /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start... I wish...!!!

I can't find the file ispconfig_server anywhere on the server! I tryed to netstat and I don't see it!

So my second question is really what the hell happen?

Still have another questions but this 2 are really the important ones... I really don't have to ask more questions if I can't get this ones solved :)

Sorry for anyting stupid I may said but forgive me 'cause I'm really a newbie on this :)

Hope someone can help me and thank you all in advance.

Cheers

Note: ISPCONFIG 3 on Debian 5 Lenny

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is a problem in your router and not ispconfg. Just forward port 8080 from your router to the ip of the server.

ISPConfig 3 has no server script. As ölong as you have started the apache webserver then the ispconfig 3 interface is accessible. If you get an error, please post the exact error message or better make a screenshot and post it.

3. carlosmcruz

carlosmcruz New Member

Thanks but it is something else...

It's not a router issue. It really doesn't connect from the outside. To make sure of what I'm telling you I did connect a digital video recorder on the 8080 port and changed the rule to the dvr IP instead of the server. Voila, it works the router is performing the port fowarding correctly.

Apache server is runing and listening on the correct ports, I can see the login page and fill the authentication boxs, simply, after auth the frame where the body should appear appears only the phrase ERROR, you can see the header , the body with the phrase ERROR and the footer.

Another thing that is happening too is that I can no longer authenticate on phpmyadmin too, not even with root.

Thanks for your anwsers but it is something else.

4. carlosmcruz

carlosmcruz New Member

50% solved

well, the first part that is accessing from outside was solved...

I installed webmin and I could see the virtual server for apache was not well configured by ispconfig, I've created a new on, this time on the 80 port and using the name resolution.

However still can't access ispconfig or phpmyadmin.

Please use anything on the password and the user and you'll see exactly what is happening :(

http://pal-213-228-166-73.netvisao.pt

http://pal-213-228-166-73.netvisao.pt/phpmyadmin

Thanks in advance.

5. till

You can not use webmin and ispconfig on the same server and ispconfig is configuraing the vhost properly wehn you enter the correct data like any other tool. So either you uninstall webmin or ispconfig but both on the same server wont work.

6. carlosmcruz

carlosmcruz New Member

sure but...

Sure, I'll understand that and only installed webmin to check somethings since I'm not a linuc expert.

I'll uninstall webmin but that will not solve my problem.

The error persists even before the webmin was installed and still the same. I can no longer enter ispconfig or phpmyadmin.

Did you try to enter the links I've posted?

Thanks.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

And the login is working from within your local network?

8. carlosmcruz

carlosmcruz New Member

Hi Falko,

No the login on ispconfig and phpmyadmin stoped work on both networks, lan and wan side.

thanks

9. till

Please make sure that you have started the webserver.

10. carlosmcruz

carlosmcruz New Member

till,

of course the webserver is started and runing, otherwise the login page wasn't visible...

I'm going to give up on this and install another panel.

I only need to manage easly the emails, the vitual domains and have webmail. This one was great but I can no longer stay without this server working proprely.

Thanks anyway for your time.

Cheers

11. till

Ok, then you have a problem with your mysql server. If you are not able to login to phpmyadmin (which is not related to ispconfig in any kind) then ispconfig can not work too of course. You should try to login on the shell to mysql with the "mysql" command. If thats possible, then reset the mysql root password and reinstall ispconfig.

12. carlosmcruz

carlosmcruz New Member

I have thinked about it too.

But it's not that, mysql is running proprely, even add more permissions to the user and database but it is not that also.

I'm currently changing to another panel but will try on a near future this panel again.

Thanks for you time all.

Best Regards,

Carlos