OpenQRM Intergration with ISPC3

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by morraine, Nov 12, 2008.

1. morraine

morraine New Member

Hi guys, ive been looking at ispconfig for a wile now and i want to use it in the management and provision of a saas/website system application that im developing.

What i think would take ISP Config to a new level and would become a real contender to compete with companies like parallels on the management and provisioning front would be to integrate with OpenQRM as a OpenQRM service or plugin.

What do you guys think about this type of integration?

OpenQRM is undoubtedly the number 1 datacenter management, monitoring and provisioning application for the network, dhcp, servers/virtual servers and advanced storage like iScsi or AoE with isp config managing the application on these servers like apache, ftp, email, mysql, also your customers and plans and so own.
    The two working together in synergy would give the first complete opensource solution to run an advanced hosting/Saas company with redundancy for everything from the begining.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. morraine

morraine New Member

Hi guys, just to let you know that i submitted ISPConfig 3 for integration with OpenQRM as a feature request with the OpenQRM team.

Ive just got nothing but positive feedback for this integration from them and they will be putting it into there road map to do as they have no other front end, ISP type app fully integrated with openqrm.

There are about 30 full time programmers at openqrm so they will look to do this in the new year.

When this happens this will be the first and best open source hosting application available that will put many commercial apps to shame.

3. lordspace

lordspace New Member

:D
    OpenQRM looks pretty promising.

4. morraine

morraine New Member

Open QRM is pretty awesome for open source. i've got it running on three dev servers!

5. cvgeeks

cvgeeks New Member

BUMP: I've been looking at this for a while and was wondering if there is any updates on this integration? I'm trying to get openqrm running and would like to see the integration with ISP3 as well.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

To be honest, we've never worked with OpenQRM (I've tried it once, but couldn't get it to work), and I think integration with ISPConfig will be difficult, especially as ISPConfig does lots of the things OpenQRM does. I think there are other things we should concentrate on first (especially because we don't have endless resources).

7. vogelor

vogelor ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

i agree ;-)

8. cvgeeks

cvgeeks New Member

hmm, thats too bad to hear I must say. I would have thought integration into a cloud management system would have been a tremendous asset for ISP3.
    Oh well I've got my openqrm servers up and running so I'll figure the rest out myself from this point.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3 can already be used as a cloud management system (see latest multi server tutorials abd cloud tutorials) for web, mail and DNS servers and with 3.0.4 release we will add management abilities for virtual machines as well. ISPConfig will then have the virtual machine functions on its own plus all the other ISP related functions so it does not make sense to integreate it in openqrm.

10. cvgeeks

cvgeeks New Member

This is fantastic news but getting ISP3 up and running in a production environment has not been easy for me and all of my servers right now are using ISP2. I need a solution that will manage these servers as well until they can be migrated over.

Also I just found a tutorial that you guys mention here: http://www.howtoforge.com/kvm-and-openvz-virtualization-and-cloud-computing-with-proxmox-ve
    This is awsome as well.

What is the best thing to do if I want to have ISP3 servers in my environment, learn ISP3 and then it will do what I need and forget the other cloud management systems? If this is it then kewl np but I didn't know ISP3 could manage an entire cloud of diverse systems I thought it could only manage other ISP3 servers?

Thanks for your input in advance this is really very helpful.