Remote Framework

Discussion in 'General' started by Horfic, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Horfic

Horfic Member

Hi,
    I read earlier in the Forum that ISPConfig 3 doesn't has a remote framework implemented yet. But as I download it today, to start developing, I see that there is a folder called "remoting_client" with a php file in it, which is a soap client to connect to ISPConfig.

So my question is, did you implement a remote framework in the stabil ISPConfig 3?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes, but it is not finished yet.

3. Horfic

Horfic Member

Thanks for the quick answer! :)

4. Horfic

Horfic Member

How fare is the Remote Framework already?

I have coded now some ISPConfig Email features(Autorepsonder, Password Changer) in the Roundcube Mail 0.2.1 and I would extend(Forwarding,Mail Filter, etc.) them and change them to use the Remote Framework.

PS: I would love to offer a Roundcube Package for ISPConfig 3.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. till

The evelopment has just been started, it is not usable yet.

6. lordspace

lordspace New Member

I will need the remote framework as well.
    Is it going to be Soap ?
    Will REST be implemented as well ?

7. till

The remoting framework uses soap.

8. patrick232

patrick232 New Member

hey!

i did some investigation in the code, especially
    * /usr/share/ispconfig/remoting_client/example.php
    * /usr/share/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/remoting.inc.php
    * /usr/share/ispconfig/interface/web/login/index.php

at first i tried to alter example.php according to my needs (user, pwd, server-uri), but it didnt work. i got: "SOAP Error: The login failed. Username or password wrong."

so i took a look into remoting.inc.php and found something i dont understand. the script tries to find the user/pwd in the database-table "remote_user" - which is empty on my setup. after adding a dummy-user with md5(pwd) the example.php-script told me that logging in and logging out was successfully. so i consider the "soap-part" is working properly.

the next step ill do is, to make remoting.inc.php look for the user/pwd in the database-table "sys_user". when a user/pwd is found ill create a session just like its done in /web/login/index.php.

maybe im on the very wrong way, but I really dont have any clue whats that "remote_user"-table about - so any hint or some suggestions from the devs would be very nice :)

best regards
    --
    patrick

9. till

The remote user table is needed to authenticate a user for a remoting session, otherwise everone would be able to reconfigure your server over the internet without having to provide a username and password.

The sys_user table is not used by the remoting framework and shall not be used as normal users shall never get access to the remoting functions. The remoting functions are a low level api that dont care about the user permisions in sys_user, a remoting user has the same permissions then a admin user.