Install ispconfig work with lenny 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by webschiff, Apr 23, 2009.

1. webschiff

webschiff New Member

Some have guaranteed the problem that no longer ispconfig debian lenny installed. It appears then following message:

Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
    Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
    Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
    Linux Distribution or Version not recognized.didon:/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install#

Here is the solution:
    open:
    /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php
    replace in line 73:

if(trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == '5.0' || trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == 'lenny/sid') {

with:
    if(substr(trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')),0,3) == '5.0' || trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == 'lenny/sid') {

------------------------------------------------------------
    for developer:
    To "Notice: Undefined variable:" to prevent the creators of ISPConfig3 still in the line 62 down under $distname = ";
    add:
    $distver = '';
    $distid = '';
    $distbaseid = '';
    ------------------------------------------------------------

2. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

thanks man, i was wondering, what wrong :confused:

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is nothing wrong. Just debian decided to add minor numbers to their version file what they had not done before for many years. The above has been fixed in SVN already for some days, we will release a update next week. Meanwhile the easiest solution is to just edit the file /etc/debian_version and change the number from 5.0.1 to 5.0

4. webschiff

webschiff New Member

I'm sorry for my english:
    I wanted to me a clean solution, because one does not know how many numbers still follow. Because it is likely that the full version numbers (perhaps 5.0.2 5.0.1, etc. ) with ISP Config 3.

That is why i "substr()" simply from the 3. string number cut off, it would also not much to change in future.

Incidentally, I think that ispconfig 3 really super!!!