Backup question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Piccent, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Piccent

Piccent New Member

Hi,

in the "backup" folder in the web folders there is a backup within the maildirs from the users, but when I start the backup from ISPConfig I got a backup without the maildirs... Could you please help?

Greetz

Marc

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

These are two different backups. One is created by a nightly cron job and contains everything, the other one contains only the web directory.

3. Piccent

Piccent New Member

But in the Zip-file of the backup from the interface there is the "user" directory too, only the Maildir folder is empty...

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post an "ls -l" from inside your Maildir folder. I guess the the backup script does not have read permissions on your mail files.

5. Piccent

Piccent New Member

Yes, you're right, the Maildir and tmp folder has only 700 permission. how can I change this, without changing the permissions? is it possible with sudo???

6. falko

The only way is to change the permissions. If you change the ownership, then no more mails will arrive...

7. Piccent

Piccent New Member

But this must be done via cronjob, because the permission is changed everytime a new folder is created. Is there no possibility to change s.th. in the script or sudo a command in the script for the backup???

8. falko

The backup created by the cron job should contain everything, because it is run as root.

But the backup you create from the ISPConfig web interface are created as user admispconfig, and they cannot contain everything. It's a permissions problem.

9. Piccent

Piccent New Member

Yes you're right, but my question is, is it possible to change the "zip" commands in the backup script to "sudo zip" and do it as root?

10. falko

I haven't tested this, but it should work. But you must put admispconfig into /etc/sudoers.

11. Piccent

Piccent New Member

Ok, I'll try this. Thx a lot.