Spamsnake help needed.. postfix relay.

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ravx, May 24, 2009.

1. ravx

ravx New Member

hi all,

i'v followed the SPAMSnake guide and "almost" got it to work in my domain...

finish all the instructions from start to end, now when i start the spamsnake server in my domain , in mail.log i can see the postfix handle the mail and sorting it :

May 24 15:35:02 vol-spam postfix/qmgr[18933]: 153821601B3:
    from=<[email protected]>, size=854, nrcpt=1 (queue active) May 24 15:35:02 vol-spam postfix/smtp[18986]: 153821601B3:
    to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<root>, relay=192.168.2.1[192.168.2.1]:25, delay=0.11, delays=0.04/0/0/0.07, dsn=2.6.0, status=sent (250 2.6.0 <[email protected]> Queued mail for delivery)

this is an example of a good mai queued for delivery but i dont see it in MailWatch or its transfer to my mail server.

if i send a test mail with telnet vol-spam.volta.com 25 then i can see it in MailWatch and its beeing delivered to the user mailbox.

i guess somthing wrong with the postfix configuration, its dosent release the mail for sending or the mailscanner is not working properly...

any help woud be appriciated..

thanks
    ravx

2. Rocky

Rocky Member

Hey,

What's in your /etc/postfix/transport file?

Rocky

3. ravx

ravx New Member

Thanks for your help rocky,
    my transport has 1 line that look like this ;

volta.com smtp:[192.168.2.1]

and the relay_domains looks like

volta.com OK

any idea what more i should look for ?

4. ravx

ravx New Member

i found something that might help to understand my situation

when i added in MailWatch under whitelist an email adress, it directly pass to my inside mailbox and logged in MAilWatch as safe (green) but nothing else is logged (spam or grey) like the Spamsnake is rejecting anything that aint in whitelist....

any idea ?

5. ravx

ravx New Member

OMG !

iv done step 9.1 again :

9.11 Fix to allow MailWatch to work with Postfix Inbound/Outbound Queue
    Download the patch from http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/mailscanner/postfixmail.tar.gz
    cd /usr/src
    wget http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/mailscanner/files/postfixmail.tar.gz
    tar xvfz postfixmail.tar.gz
    cd postfixmail
    cp postfix* /var/www/mailscanner
    patch /var/www/mailscanner/functions.php functions.php.diff

the patch tells me :

patching file /var/www/mailscanner/functions.php
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 221.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 225.
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /var/www/mailscanner/functions.php.rej

and now MailWatch dont load with error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare postfixinq() (previously declared in /var/www/mailscanner/postfix.inc:5) in /var/www/mailscanner/postfix.inc on line 17

please help !

6. Rocky

Rocky Member

Ravx,

I've sent over the updated SpamSnake tutorial for Falko to post on the site. Look for it as it's been thorougly rewritten and should be more promising and easy to install.

It supports ugrading and has all the lasted software packages.

It'll probably take a day or two, as Falko is a very busy man...lol

Rocky

7. ravx

ravx New Member

thanks Rocky for you help and your fine tutorials !!!!

Regards,

rAvx

8. linz

linz New Member

Firstly, I have to mention that I am very impressed with this howto document.

Brilliant, there was an error before with the version of mailwatch and one of it's dependencies which would have been a gotcha like this problem here.

If this is a wiki and I had access, then I would be more than happy to update what I did and how to get back on track.

The problem presented here is to do with this...

Download the patch from http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/mailscanner/postfixmail.tar.gz

cd /usr/src
    wget http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/mailscanner/files/postfixmail.tar.gz
    tar xvfz postfixmail.tar.gz
    cd postfixmail
    cp postfix* /var/www/mailscanner
    patch /var/www/mailscanner/functions.php functions.php.diff

It's broken, but for me, it's a nice to have rather than a must have so I rolled back and everything works fine.

Obviously another area that needs to be brought up to date.

But, in summary, still got a few things that I need to go to complete although my spam problems have gone, but a first class effort here :)

9. Rocky

Rocky Member

Hey,

Happy to know that you're using the guide. Hope it's proving helpful in your fight against spam.

I haven't had much time lately to work out the kinks in the guide, but you are more than welcome to present your suggestions and/or solutions to any problems you come across.

I will look at and update the section you mentioned.

Thanks,

Rocky