squirrel prob

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alf3299, Jun 2, 2009.

1. alf3299

alf3299 New Member

Hello all

I have installed ispconfig3 with fedora 10

It all went go good and could access squirrel on mydomain.com/webmail.

But wanted to change the config.php page to adapt to my needs and after that when i go to mydomain.com/webmail i just see a blank page .
    but i already set everything back to original state but i cannot see the login page anymore.

Can someone tell me how to reinstall squirrel mail pleass to try to resolve this issue or what might be the problem .

Thanks
    AEli

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can try to remove the package with yum and then install it again.

3. alf3299

alf3299 New Member

can u pleass help me on
    how to do it i am not a linux expert just started my journey and i am quite happy so far but but i dont know how to remove i already tried uninstall but with no success

Thanks

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Try
    Code:
    yum remove squirrelmail
    yum install squirrelmail
    You can learn more about yum by taking a look at its man page:
    Code:
    man yum

5. alf3299

alf3299 New Member

Hi sir tks very much really appreciate your help
    I am a computer scientist and i am developing a smal wisp and so i start learning linux bcs i will use it in hte router and for web services etc .Until now i am feeling comfortable of course i still have lot to learn step by step .Having said this i installed ispconfig 3 but its not quite what i want so i will install again fedora 10 and ispconfig 2 bcs its satisfy my requirements.

If u can can u seggest if its better if i install some of the server core 6 ou 7 or its better to instalal fedora 10 ?

Regards.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'd use Fedora 10. 6 and 7 are very old and not being maintained anymore. If you wait a few days, you can also use Fedora 11 which will probably be released next week.

7. alf3299

alf3299 New Member

tks :) i will wait then

I said those core ones bcs they are servers and fedora its a workstation but with many features that servers have.

regards.