Virus Lover, Spam Lover

Discussion in 'General' started by nibblerrick, Jun 9, 2009.

1. nibblerrick

nibblerrick New Member

Hi,

because ISPConfig 3 is a great thing I want to set up new Servers with it. THe most things are clear or can be found in the documentation of the underlying programs. But there is one thing I haven't found yet and I don't know exactly what they mean: the virus lover and spam lover switches which can be definded in the policies. What effect have they, will the user receeive spam or not?
    Or is there anything in the amavis documentation I haven't found yet?

Thanks in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This should be all in the amavis documentation as this are the original names of the fields from the amavisd sql setup that they explain on their website.

Basically viruslover means that viruses will come trogh and spam lover means that spam will go trogh the filter.

3. nibblerrick

nibblerrick New Member

Hi till,

thanks for your answer. As said it seems that I can't find the right documenation.
    But if I understand correctly spam lover means as spam identified mails will go to the receiver and if I say spam lover: no the spam will go to the quarantine defined address?
    Same thing with virus...

If there is documentation in the web with explaining the amavis things I will be glad if someone posts the URL.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The documentation is in the amavis packe, download the tar.gz file and you will find a folder inside with a lot of documentation in text format including a sql based setup that we use here.

5. nibblerrick

nibblerrick New Member

Hi,

yes, in the tarball is interesting documentation, thank you!