Changing clients

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by davew, Jun 11, 2009.

1. davew

davew New Member

When I set up my new ISPConfig 3 server I migrated all the mail clients and web sites from an existing server that I am replacing.

I was logged in as admin and created all the mail zones, aliases, forwards etc... under my own client ID.

I then decided that some of my customers would benefit from their own control panel login so created some clients, went into the respective mail zones and sites and changed the client ID.

When I then log into ISPConfig using that client ID I can see the mail zone and web sites allocated to that client but none of the defined mailboxes, aliases, forwards etc...

I have fixed the problem with phpmyadmin by manually adjusting the user and group id on the forwarding table but wondered if this is intended behaviour ?

2. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

any drawback of doing that manually? I also have to manually adjust a coupel of things, like assigning the DBs to the right clients and that doesn't work but via manually changing it

3. davew

davew New Member

I've not tried changing databases, fortunately I think I created all of them from the appropriate client.

Not found any problems with changing things around manually. I created a dummy "test" record form the interface while logged in as that client then copied the user id and group id from that.

Just noticed that with the mailbox records, if you open and close them in the interface after changing the zone client id they appear in the clients control panel. It's also worth noting that, after the zone has been changed to a new client, creating aliases etc.. for that zone from admin assigns them to the correct client user/group.