Squirrelmail ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by kameelperdza, Jun 23, 2009.

1. kameelperdza

kameelperdza New Member

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Absolutely no errors in your mail log?

3. kameelperdza

kameelperdza New Member

i read somewhere that the problem wil go away when that user gets his first email. And it did work. Now im having trouble downloading the emails from the isp.

All the mail is redirected to the postmasters email address and not to the users.

What can i do?

4. kameelperdza

kameelperdza New Member

all my mails is downlaoded from the ISP using [email protected].

When i create a user called [email protected] then all mail is downloaded to that users folder and not to the other users folders. What must i do so that the emails is delivered to the correct users.

5. Flash

Flash New Member

if you are going to be downloading email from your ISP you need to fiddle with fetchmail to put them in the right users mailbox.

if your going to host multiple users its easyer to have your mail delivered right to your own mailserver rather then your ISP one. however since at the moment you are lacking experience with your current mail setup id suggest trying this with a test domain first. test.kleinakrootoyota.co.za for example. and setup some mailboxes under that.

6. kameelperdza

kameelperdza New Member

hmm if only i knew what code to delete and what code to add. Then that would help...

7. kaar

kaar New Member

connection drop by IMAP server

how to send an email to the new user that i created?

8. kameelperdza

kameelperdza New Member

example

mailx root@localhost (press enter)
    Subject: hallo (press [Ctrl+d])
    Cc: (press [Ctrl+d])
    Null message body; hope that's ok